o
is/has anyone built a frank betz home?

Posted by liptonjl (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 30, 07 at 11:12

Just wondering... Which model?

We are currently considering the MacGregor and the Heritage

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: is/has anyone built a frank betz home?

While we did not purchase the actual house plan, we gave our architect a rendering of "The Mallory", which from the outside is one of my favourite FB homes. Inside there are no similarities though. I can spend hours on www.frankbetz.com

I love the look of the exteriors as well as the use of space and rooflines inside. I hope you get many responses to this post as I welcome the opportunity to see more of his homes in print. I will post a photo of our home soon, 8 weeks and counting.

o

We are going to build Brandywine, but are adding square footage with a couple more rooms, and a full basement. Still in the planning stages though. I got turned on to Betz plans by a friend who is currently building the Laurel River. I will have to post photos when I see their progress. I liked Betz because not only do we live in the atlanta area, but his plans are right on target to what we wanted. We loved the openess of most of his plans, and the fact that we actually get to meet with them instead of deal with emails back and forth, and having to have the prints mailed, I didnt like the idea of that, with some online plans.

o

We are building the Kensington Park (with many changes). I studied many, many plans before the decision was finally made. It has been relatively easy to work with as we build.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

We bought our last home very early in the construction phase from a custom builder and was told it was a Frank Betz plan. I have never been able to find it on his website but it was a great house. Very open, great ceilings and wonderful curb appeal. This was the only photo I had on my computer and it just doesn't do the house justice. The main level had a study, formal dining room, family room with fireplace, kitchen/breakfast nook, guest bedroom with private bath, master bedroom with HUGE bath and closets on opposite end, a laundry and two car garage. Second level had 2 more bedrooms which shared a bath, a loft and a bonus room over the garage. I think total sq footage was around 3400.

o

We'll be starting a much tweaked version of the Northampton this month. Anxious to get going!!

o

We are building a Frank Betz home. It is the Finley plan.
We made a few modifications to the plan that increasd the size from 2491 to 3125. We really love the layout of the house. These are pictures of the master bedroom, family room and front elevatiion. we also added a bonus room upstaris.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

We are about half done with the Longsworth. We made many modifications however. We lengthened the house on the garage side 4 ft. and converted all 2-story spaces to rooms upstairs. All of this added about 600 sqft. to bring the total to about 3000. We love the plan. I will post more pics soon.

We also seriously considered building a Don Gardner home. Some great plans there too.

I had to change my name from HomeschoolMom2 to HomeschoolMom22. Our computer crashed, we got another, I couldn't remember my password, and haven't yet been able to access email!! Major Bummer!!!

o

We built the Rosemore with some modifications. Very happy with the floor plan except for the size of the second bath downstairs.

o

We bought the Tullamore square plan, and are going to the architect Monday with our plans for tweeking. I would like to change the garage and the vaulted living room to a 9 ft ceiling. Also the laundry room is a little small, might have to stay that way -- other than that- we really liked the layout and needed to downsize from the last home we built.

o

Hi,

We have been looking at the Frank Betz plans as well and want to build the Laurel River. Mandie81, Has your friend made any progress and do you have any pictures? We would love to see!

o

I'm not building it, but I found this Frank Betz home for sale online. I don't know what model it is, but the floor plan, which is no longer posted, had the Frank Betz name on it:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here are pics from the inside of it:

o

Polyanna,
We are in process of completing the Tullamore square plan. feel free to email me with specifics as we made many changes to it. jtsrupert@comcast.net.

o

A neighbor built a version of the Hemingway. They did modify the dining room area by using a portion of that area to enlarge their kitchen and then the living room area. It is a very pretty home. I don't think they have any complaints.

BTW, columbodial, if you are still on this site, would you mind sharing what type of stone and brick you used on your home? I'm looking at a cultured stone that is similar and was wondering if it is the same. Thanks in advance.

o

eventhecatisaboy,
The brick is called convington by Trinity. Sorry, I'm not sure what the stone is called. We showed our builder a photo of the stone color and he ordered it.

o

Thanks columbodial! That was very kind of you to share. Your home is just beautiful--I love it! Is it now completed and are you in? Thanks again!

o

We are a couple weeks away (hopefully!) from starting on the "Crabapple." Except for bumping one wall 4' and another wall 3' and adding a sunroom on the back, we are pretty much building it as written. Would love to see pics of this one built if anyone else has already done so!

o

Thanks eventhecatisaboy. We moved in last week. Just tired from unloading boxes. We just need to get the pictures hung, boxes unloaded and the rest of our furniture put in, etc. to really make it feel like a home. I have included some more updated pictures.

o

We are in the process of building the Ambrose plan by Frank Betz. We love this plan and it fits our family well. We increased the sq. ftg. to 3100.

o

We are seriously considering the Toulouse, but I would love to see pics. Does anyone know where I might find some? And also- has anyone ever contracted the construction of an FB home themselves that can give input? thanks

o

We'll be starting on the Glenhaven hopefully by the beginning of May.... :) It has a very nice floorplan & greatly suits our fam. of 5 w/ 1 girl, 2 boys. Will add a screeened porch off of the Keeping Room & a deck off of the Breakfast Nook. The laundry room is jst. a tad bit small, but I'm thinking we'll be able to work w/ it jst. fine.

o

we are also searching for an actual pic of the Laurel River. Please let us know if you have one.

o

mcmontesi...scroll down to the last one that says New Construction! It's a pretty house! Enjoy!

Here is a link that might be useful: Century Homes

o

Columbodial,

I love the hardwood floors in your photos!! What type of wood did you use?? Thanks!

o

Holly,

The wood is 2 1/4 inch oak strips with a provincial stain.

Greg

o

We're building the Rankins. We only added a porch onto the plans. Just now running around getting ideas and quotes, etc. Hubby is going to sub it out himself, so we'll probably be divorced by the time it is built! Has anyone seen a Rankins built? I'll post pics as we get to each stage. I'd like to post a picture of our lot, but I think I'm too dumb to do it. Let me try though....
PS...why hasn't anyone posted? If people start posting, can someone email me at mdb123xyz@aol.com and let me know? Thanks so much!! OK...let me see about that picture of our lot. Sharon

Here is a link that might be useful: Lot w/part of our pond...

o

Interesting to read through these posts. They reflect what has come up often when the forum is asked about this designer's floorplans: Some rooms/baths are too small. (Many posters say they have enlarged the floorplans.)

To me, some of the elevations are pretty "busy" with so many overlayered "gables" (gable-ettes?).

o

We are building the Ambrose plan. The Sullivan plan is really similar to the Ambrose and very popular in my area. After viewing the Sullivan, we've made a few modifications to our Ambrose design. I'm glad we were able to view a floor plan so similar, I'd recommend this to anyone!

o

We are also planning to build the Laurel River plan. Does anyone have any feedback/photos? Thanks.

o

We are building the HERITAGE POINTE, which is similar to these plans: BREYERTON, MUSGRAVE, HIGHLAND PLACE, RIDGEWOOD, TULLAMORE SQUARE.

We will be happy to share pictures once construction starts and would LOVE and really APPRECIATE any pictures of similar plans!

Here is a link that might be useful: Heritage Pointe Plan

o

We are considering building the PROVENCE plan. Has anyone built this plan? Any photos would be great!

o

Hi :) Now that I see this thread again, I just have an update: we are building the MacGregor for sure, signing a contract this week!!!

Also - Chris - if you google - "Frank Betz" (keep the quotes) and then comma(,) your plan name, you sometimes can find interior pics, etc.

So I googled "Frank Betz", MacGregor and was able to find lots of exterior and interior pics!

Good luck!

o

Our Glen Haven plan is nearly done & it's turning out very, very nice. Will post pics soon.

o

my husband and I are in the process of getting our house plans drawn up, we are going by the carrollton plan of frank betz's. With some modifications. Just wandering if anyone has ever built this home, and if anything u would change about it, dislikes and likes before we begin building in february of 2008. Thanks!

o

We are looking to build either the Prescott Ridge or Heritage Pointe...any photos of these or similar plans would be greatly appreciated...

o

Hi! I'm new, but I'm about 1/2 way through building the Hopewell plan. Like most people, we made several modifications along the way. It had a staircase with 2 entries that we changed to save room. Since that gave us 3 extra feet in the great room, we were able to move the back of the house in 3 feet to save on square footage. We also added floored attic storage over the great room and a covered porch along the back of the kitchen. We're at the brick and sheetrock stage and it looks great so far!

Colombodial - I love your kitchen! Mine is going to be very similar with the same stained cabinets and white island. Thanks for posting the pics!

o

We are preparing to build The Clearbrook - anyone info and/or pics pertaining to this plan will be greatly appreciated.

o

We built the "Halsey" 5 years ago. The outside of our home looks almost identical to the rendering on their website-which I was pleased about. I took out the two story family room and made a room above which gave us a flex/or 5th bedroom. I took out the sitting area of the master and made it a really nice sized laundry room. That reconfigured the original laundry room which basically made my bathrooms bigger. We bumped out the back of the house by 3 feet and made our garage bigger, too. Added a screened in porch off the back. I took out the full bath from the den area and made a smaller powder room off the front hall then made more of a mudroom pantry coming in from the garage entrance. We ended up with about 3900+ sq feet. We finished the basement later (oh, I changed the entrance to the basement and opened it up so it would be a direct stairway from the family room. Our house is already feeling small! We have 6 kids and a dog and I am already planning my next home. Using an architect this time and working from scratch- although if I could have found another FB I would have built it in a heartbeat. He is one of the most sensible architects out there. Great use of spaces with nice architectural details.
Comfortdog

o

We built the "Jessica" in 2001 and we LOVED living in it. We built it exactly as planned except we did a standard roof instead of the hip roof. Nice big surprise -- doing a regular roof added an extra 6 feet to the master closet over the garage so that it was HUGE. Two of the guest baths felt cramped. The only other problem is that we had to get the HVAC people out for a period of almost 1 year to re-route some of the ducting and add vents in the rooms over the garage.

We don't live in this home anymore, but we've considered building it again with just a few modifications.

o

Hope to start building the Summerlake this fall. Changed the kitchen: We don't want an open island with a sink overlooking the family room, so we are adding a wall. Therefore, there will be no window over the sink. Faux Pas??

o

We are well on our way to building the PROVENCE plan. We created a Flickr photo page that will be updated as building proceeds. Take a look at some photos, http://www.flickr.com/photos/jdalton973/

Here is a link that might be useful: Frank Betz Provence Photos

o

Ok, I have to admit, I have lurked around this site forever. I have gotten more information on major home appliances here!

I am going to jump in!

We are starting the Keene's Point plan. We aren't really changing anything........which is one of the main reasons we went with it. I searched FOREVER for a house plan and this one just "fit".

Can't wait to see how everyones homes come along!

o

Hi,
We are very close to making a final decision on one of two Frank Betz plans - the Kensington Park or the Highland Place. We are having trouble visualizing what the Kensington would look like finished. If you have built either of these homes would you mind sharing interior images of the finished home?

thanks!
Craig

o

Craig-we built the Kensington Park and moved in in August. I have never gotten around to posting interior pics here but maybe I can get a few in the next few days and put them on for you. I do love the floor plan although we made a few changes.

Here are a couple of exterior pics:

o

Bebetokids - love your house! We thought about building this plan but ultimately went with a Donald Gardner one. Would really like to see your interior pictures.

o

Me!!! I have pictures of the Kensington Park plan. We just moved in early November and then proceeded to get married and went on a Honeymoon so please excuse the mess/lack of decoration. I've never posted pictures before so let me know if it doesn't work. I would be happy to provide more if there is a certain view you are looking for. I took them tonight so there not the best but here they are!

o

Bebetokids,

Love your exterior photos. We are considering combining two Frank Betz plans for our next house. Would you mind sharing your exterior colors? I had already decided on Owens Corning cultured stone and a blue/gray/green paint color for the hardiboard and yours in gorgeous. I also really like the way you did the trim around the windows.

Vintage1,

Love your kitchen! Congratulations on the new house and the new marriage.

Bren

o

Vintage1,
Jack pot! Thanks for posting the interior pics. Do you have any of the mudroom and butlers pantry area? Also, it looks like you might have added a covered porch off the great room? If so would you mind posting a pic? We are considering the same thing, but wasn't sure if it would block too much natural light into the great room.

thanks,
Craig

o
RE: anyone built a frank betz home

Bebetokids,

I love the exterior of your house. the stone work and paint colors are great. What changes did you make to the plan? Any regrets now that you have moved in?

We are planning to increase the size of the great room and kitchen/laundry room.

o

Homeagian, thank you. I am very pleased with my new kitchen.

cmorganshields, I will try and post more pictures tonight. We haven't done anything with the mudroom yet. The whole house is a work in progress. We did add a large screened in porch off the back. We were worried about the light as well but it seems bright enough. The porch turned out great.
Vintage1

o

cmorganshields, here's a pic of the butlers pantry and a exterior pic. It might be best if you contact me via my member page for more photos. We also had a few issues with the plan you might want to know about. Nothing too serious but if we had know it would have saved us some money.

o

homeagain-colors-these are Sherwin Williams colors-a local decorator has formulated her own colors that SW carries and are available worldwide according to her.

Body-SW Baltic Sage LL011
Trim-SW Cameo Lace LL002
Window trim (regular SW color)-Rookwood Dark Red SW2801

I wanted red windows but DH was too chicken so I got red trim!

vintage-your house looks great! I love all of your choices and so much fun to see someone else's house that looks like mine.

cmorganshields-we floored in the great room to create another room upstairs as a loft type. We also added a screened porch off the kitchen and swapped a few things around there. We added another bath upstairs over the master bedroom and swapped around rooms upstairs. I will try to get some pics of that later for you.

I would definitely try to add sq ft to the garage/laundry room area. We just didnt have the $$ to but I would have loved to extend that side to make garage/laundry longer. We did bump out the garage for width but it needs length also. The great room is fine for me!

Here are a few pics-my camera is the worst-and I have no pics hung. Still need to add hooks at the back enterance and decorate!

o

cmorganshields

I am building the Kensington Park. I traveled about 1 hour away from where I live and actually viewed the house completed. I really love this plan. We are actually finishing the attic and put in a shed roof dormer over the garage. We are hoping to be finished in about two months. I too have a few things to share about the plans that would be good to know if you decide to build this plan. Let me know if you are interested in my comments. I will try and post some pics soon as well.

o

drewdlebug, beautiful house. Can you tell me the paint color in your master? It's really pretty. Thanks

o

Bebe.....is your foundation sealed? I didn't notice any vents in the foundation.

All of these houses look great! I just finished the 'Middleton' by Frank Betz as a spec. Hopefully, it will close later this week. Frank has some very nice houses. The next two plans I plan on building will be his plans. I'm a new GC.....
Thanks for the tip from....??.....can't remember....who ever said to find photos on interior pictures on google......

o

We are getting ready to build frank betz the panola, we are hoping to get started soon:) Has anyone ever seen the panola before? All of your pictures on here look so good, congratulations! Thanks Diana

o

Hello FB Fans! I thought you all might enjoy a virtual tour of The Palmdale that I built last year in New Hampshire. Enjoy!

http://www.bobanderniephotography.com/independent/

Here is a link that might be useful: Palmdale Virtual Tour

o

We have just finished the Hazelwood Square plan and have it for sale. As a builder, I am very happy with the detail of the plans and the fact that there were not many surprises. Sometimes the design does not translate into the construction, but this plan was good and accurate. We are very happy with the finished product and have recieved a lot of positive response. The link goes to some of the pictures.

Here is a link that might be useful: Westfield - Hazelwood Square plan

o

rjilg,

Looks like you made some major changes exp. in the kitchen. No windows(3 missing) in the breakfast room and a new opening to the right of the frig. opening to the hall, which eliminates a number of cabinets in the kitchen.(Alot less expensive to build) I did notice a door in the breakfast area that is not on the plans also. Does this go to a deck? Are you a builder?
I am a new builder, and this is one of the plans I plan on building in the near future.

o

Has anyone built "the Haverford"? Would love to hear details and decorating ideas? Anyone have pictures?

Thanks!!

o

Hi Robin,

I am a builder. I'm attached a link to the Paldale floor plan. I did mirror the plan and then stayed to the original for the most part. The door off the breakfast area does go to a small deck that steps down to a patio.
This is a very nice plan. Easy to dress up.

Anyone who like Frank Betz should check out the photo gallery on Alan Mascord's web site for lots of ideas. http://www.mascord.com/photos.asp

cheers, rj

Here is a link that might be useful: palmdale floor plan

o

mackenzie08,

I would love to hear more about your experience with the Kensington Park plan. We have bought the plans and are waiting for estimates from builders. It's great that you had the opportunity to see the house in person. The pics on this forum have been our closest view. I am happy to connect via email if you wnat - craig.shields@gmail.com
thanks!
Craig

o

Anyone built the graham? I would like pictures and any info

o

HI
HAS ANY ONE BUILT THE THORNBURY?,I HAVE FINISHED THE FRAMING AND READY TO START INSIDE,I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR PICTURES FOR A WHILE TO HELP. THIS IS MY FIRST HOUSE NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET.
THANKS

o

rjilg.....Thanks for the link!

o

Considering building 1 of 3 FB models, Finley, Camden Lake or Druid Hill in North Carolina. Any suggestions / pictures?

o

Hello! I really enjoyed reading the posts on this thread. Has anyone built or found a picture of the glenview plan by betz? If so, can you post it or direct me to it? Thanks!

Lauren

o

I have some pictures of Keenes Pointe that will be finished by April 2008. Some changes have been made. Would love to see how anyone finished the mudroom area and the cubbies. THANKS!
Tim

o

Keenespointe...

I am just starting the same plan. I would really appreciate any photos you can send me! You can email me at lobo307@bellsouth.net

o

We are getting ready to build the Abernathy this spring/summer. I think that this is an older plan but we fell in love with the interior of this home quite a while ago and bought the plan as we began our subdivision; five years ago. We are hoping to make roof changes as we are not fond of the hip roofs used for this plan. We would like to achieve the look of an old farm house on the outside so we are looking into changing the hips to a couple of connecting "A" frames. The other changes we've made are changing the 3 car garage to a 2 car giving room for a mudroom and the extra space will be added to the family room but will not be vaulted due to the room above. If anyone has built this or is building; I would love to see pics and as we start I will post pics as well.

o

We are in the beginning stages of building the Westmoreland. Anyone out there who has built or is building this model? We (as many others) have made some changes (added a sunroom off the Family room and made a room above the 2 story family room). Trying to figure out exterior color scheme. Would love to see pics if you have them.

o

we are in the process of building the Sugar Hill plan. I have pics if anyone would like to see. If anyone has already built it, please let me know1 thanks!
email is bthiinri@yahoo.com

o

lee- An older version of this house is for sale in Atlanta. We also briefly considered this house several years ago. We were going to go with white and green--more of a farmhouse look

Here is the link.

www.Dianekelly.com

You do not have to register. Just click "register me later" on the right hand side of the page.

In the search, enter the MLS # which is 3614765

Enjoy!

o

We built the Glen Abbey. #600 sq ft Ranch. 3-car garage, full basement, 5br 4.5 ba craftsman.Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

red lover - thanks for the info. I checked out the photos. Very helpful. The more photos the better!

Lee

o

Has anyone built the magnolia springs plan?

o

We are building the Summerlake, only all the rooms are bigger and we put a den where the deck shows with with lots of windows for a lake view.

Anyone built or building the Summerlake?

o
RE: is/has anyone built a frank betz home?maybe the aberdeen plac

We're in first stage of building the FB model aberdeen place. Just dug the basement. Any pictures would be nice and helpful on interior and exterior colors, rock or brick. Thanks.

o

We recently purchased the Chapman plan as a spec home (also similar to the Amberleaf Cottage). There are only a few significant changes from the original plans - there is a tray ceiling in the Family Room, no vault in the Master Bath,the Master Bath wall does not stick out, the kitchen layout is slightly different, and we have the 4th bedroom instead of the living room. That makes it 4 bedroom, 3 baths, plus the bonus.

We really like everything about the floor plan and could see it fitting our needs for a long time (although I'm always looking for "the next one" :). The only changes we would make are cosmetic - tile the shower, add a back patio, etc. The layout and room sizes are great, although the middle bedroom could be a little bigger. We use it as a secondary guest room, so it's not really an issue for us. We love the kitchen and it will be hard to find one to top it in our next house.

Anyway, here are a few pictures. I have a lot more if anyone is interested or wants to see something specific.

o

we are in the process of building the carrolton house plan. We did make a few minor changes to it, but for the most part it is the same. If anyone has any more pics of this house same house plan i would love to see them!

Photobucket

o
Anyone build a Frank Betz Pepperdine home?

Would love to see pics. Thanks

Dave

o

We are in the process of starting to build Tullamore Square. We would be very interested in any pictures or comments from people that have built this plan. Someone in an earlier post said they had made many changes to Tullamore Sq, but the e-mail they left as a contact did not work. We are hoping to add a screened in porch, make use of the unused attic over the master bedroom, and would love to somehow add space for a mudroom. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

o

Updated finish pics of the MacGregor, just posted a message on the forum...

o

We just built the Blakeford model. We love it. We did change a few things on the plan - including extending the master bath/master closet by moving the laundry into the bonus room. We bumped out a portion of the front to allow a door access from both of the upstairs bedrooms. If you would like to see more photos visit http://s314.photobucket.com/albums/ll438/kwesgirl/

Here is a link that might be useful: Kwestgirl photos

o

khall......looks like the kit. cabinets aren't child proof yet.....:)

o

Hi everyone,
We are going to build the Kensington Park. The pics here are the first we've been able to find--we are so excited to see them! If anyone has additional pics we would love to see those as well. Also, a couple folks referenced some knowledge they gained while building this house plan that could have saved them some money. We are interested in any and all info related to the Kensington Park. Thanks so much...this is our first building experience! Our email: imkellea@aol.com

o

We are building Candler Park. We will begin mid July! So excited!

o

We are scheduled to begin building the Heritage Pointe in September. Has anyone else built this plan and have pictures they could share?

o

Hello Everyone,
We are new to this website. We are hoping to see pictures of Frank Betz "Summerlake" plan. Are their any projects out there? If so, could someone show some pictures? Thank you!!!

o

Jccvols,

I've attached a link to Realtor.com of the Tullamore Square. It's actually what led us to our builder. We loved this house. We were torn between this plan and the Sullivan and decided on the Sullivan since it was a little smaller. The pics here don't do this house justice, I'm afraid. He included so many features...the colors and floors were just lovely. He removed the sitting area and extended the porch all the way across the front. He also made a small office nook in the bonus room with a step down into the main section of the room. Hard to explain, but it was like two rooms in one. I think he may have moved the bath to do this. Anyway, hope this helps you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Realtor.com - Tullamore Square

o

ANy new Betz pictures? Love to see 'em!

o

We are building the Candler Park. The brick people start next week. We are so excited! If anyone has pictures I would love to see them.

o

I noticed there are several who are building the Tullamore Square. I would love to see pictures. This is one of the plans we are considering.

o

Like thehogans, my husband & I are in the process of building the Kensington Park plan also. This is our first build and we are super excited. There have been a few forum members that have indicated that they have some additional information regarding this plan that could be useful. Would you guys mind posting this information on the forum or feel free to email me personally at IrishEyesAreSmiling01@gmail.com? We are interested in any and all info related to the Kensington Park plan. Thanks for any help you can offer. It's appreciated more than you know. Also, thanks to everyone for posting the pictures...your homes are all very beautiful.

o

mmoodyrn- we are building candler park too! Love to chat through our builds. We have made changes, have you?

o
Ferdinand

Does anyone out there have pics of the Ferdinand plan?

o

skchak, Thank you for the pictures of Tullamore Square!! To mgabriel, who wanted more pictures, I have found quite a few by using Google and the search of Tullamore Square. One of my favorites is from the following link, which has 360 views of many of the rooms.

http://www.tourhuntsville.com/14490WaterStreamDrive/_flashvr/TourWeaver_14490WaterStreamDrive.html

o

mdc-08 We have not made many changes to the plan. I choose this plan because it was nearly perfect for us. We did move the door to the pantry and remove the fireplace from the keeping room. We are putting in a built-ins in the keeping room instead. We took the closet out of the home office/ nursery and the bathtub out of the downstairs powder room to make my husband a walk-in closet of his own. The office/nursery will be used as a office so we thought this would work better. Upstairs is pretty much the same except we turned one of the bathrooms into a walk-in closet for our one and only daughter! We love it so far. I would love to see pics of yours!

o

We are building Highland Place by Frank Betz. We are also doing GBI and Energy Star certification. I am blogging the process and our GBI choices at http://jensgreenacre.blogspot.com. Here are some recent pictures; framing is almost done but a few window holes have been framed but not yet cut out of the sheathing. If rain permits, roofing and windows/doors may start this week and we could be starting boxing and framing next week, so I may soon have some better pictures.

o

redavis21,
thank you for posting the exterior of your Glen Abbey, We have been considering this floor plan as our next build but are affraid the laundry is too small. In your opinion is there any way to enlarge it? AND would you mind posting more photos of our home? specifically the laundry room and rear of home. You could send pictures to my email if you do not want to post. ruaqt36@yahoo.com.

o

Does anyone own the KINCAID? I am wanting to remodel the kitchen and am in need of ideas.

o

Please start a new thread and let this one die a natural death.

o

Covenantbuilders- Would love to see the changes you made to the Kensington. Thinking about building this one, but would also like to make changes.

o

Jennifer we are thinking of building the house you built . Would love to see some updated photos, inside and out Please!!!!!!!!

o

Kygirl99....... I really like your foyer light. I have a vaulted ceiling in my livingroom and I can't figure out what kind of light might suit it. Would you mind sharing the name of your light?

o

looking for pics of the CARLSBAD.. Building begins in 2 months, because of restrictions, have to cover part of the front in stone or brick.

o

Has anyone built the Chatfield? We just purchased the blueprints and will start constructions in the spring. Would love to see some pics of interior and exterior.

Thanks.

o

We are thinking of building the Lakeshore. Does anyone have interior photos or suggestions about the plan? This is a great site for Frank Betz ideas!

o

We are looking to build a lake house. Has anyone built the Culverhouse. We really like the plan and would love to see photo's. Thanks a lot.....

o

We're building the Breyerton with some big modifications. Besides relocating the kitchen and hearth room, we're expanding the dining and master br, adding an open railed loft, reconfiguring some things with the upstairs baths, putting an office over the the master closet/hall area, and finishing a full basement.

o

We are about 80% through with our build of an Avonlea with a few mods. Anyone have completed pics of theirs?

o

We are in love with the "Collinwood". Has anyone built this one. I am dying to visit one. We will be starting construction in about a year and wondering what you would change.
My email is bizyb623@yahoo.com

o

Has anyone built the Barrington Hills plan? I would love to see pictures.

o

Looking for inside pictures of the Culbertson plan

o

Chris - see my other post on here. I found some links of the Culbertson plan. I'd love to know if you found any others. We are planning to build this plan too but haven't started yet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Culbertson Links

o

Has anyone built the CORNELIA? We are considering building this plan and would love to see comparable photos or any info pertaining to it!

o

We just build the Musgrave..turned out beautiful!

o

My wife and I build "The Finley" with a couple of modifications in 2004. We love it. If anyone would like pictures, please contact us via plantloverlcl@aol.com with "House pictures" as the subject.

o

Very interested in any information anyone house on building the Kensington park.

Thank you so much.

o

I am very interested in any thoughts and/or additional pictures of the Kensington Park. Interior photos, changes, estimated cost to build, etc...

Thanks

o

I am building a Frank Betz Highland Place. We modified the upstairs a bit and added an extra bath upstairs. We are painting this week and I can tell you I LOVE it. The layout works so well for our family (two teens) and when they are away to college we are completely on the 1st floor. Our sq ft is around 3200.
I looked at the Kensington Park and found it's layout similar to mine, minus the extra bedroom down stairs. Even so, I'd be happy answer questions about other Betz features.

o

Like your question, and would like to know if anyone has built The Weatherstone plan by Frank Betz?

o

Has anyone built and have pics of the GreenLaw? Especially pictures of the Kitchen?

o

Did you see the Greenlaw pics on the Betz website?

Here is a link that might be useful: Greenlaw Pics

o

Thank you, Yes I've seen/have those. I meant personal pics of a Greenlaw built home.

o

Would love to see live pics of interior and exterior of the frank betz Culbertson.

o

radavis 21 (or anyone for that matter) - do you have interior photos of your glen abbey to share? We're considering building the glen abbey or the river gate plan.

o

Does anyone have pictures of a Frank Betz Ambrose home (construction or completed) that you are willing to share? I am currently having this plan built and would love to see pictures that you are willing to share.

Thanks in advance.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here