Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mullican Castillian Engineered wood floors

Posted by piu007 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 18, 13 at 10:16

Hi,

Anyone have experience with this? We're thinking of the oak coffeebean or oak natural. It will be in our highest traffic areas in a new build: open living/dining/kitchen/playroom. The looks are distressed and rustic. We're a family of 3: Dh and I and a 2 yo. no pets.
What is their quality? customer service, etc...
We're in FL, so engineered is the way to go.
Many thanks,
piu
http://www.mullicanflooring.com/PRODUCTS/Castillian.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mullican Castillian Engineered wood floors

Have you gotten samples? I know nothing about this brand, but I have received some seriously horrendous samples - the cheapest, junkiest stuff you can imagine.

When I receive a sample, I beat it up. I scratch it, leave water on it, etc. We are still unsure of what wood flooring we are going with. We are in FL, too, so it will be engineered & the first floor will mostly be wood except for the bathrooms & mudroom.. Our GC really is pushing us towards site finished white oak, though I am still waiting for some more samples to arrive. I know my family is going to be tough on the floors for a while until the kids are a bit older, so this hasn't been an easy process for me.

o
RE: Mullican Castillian Engineered wood floors

Hey piu, I'm also looking at Castillion flooring. Did you ever find any reviews of this product? I'm having a hell of a time :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here