Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mjtx2

Cool & unusual house plans

mjtx2
12 years ago

Okay, I'm frustrated and need help! We've had two shingle style ranch plans drawn up by a great architect but both came in at more $ than we're willing to spend, too much house for the neighborhood, and we're thinking about the fact that we're soon to be empty nesters and why are we building a 3700 square foot house! We think about bringing the square footage in on our current plan but that will change the exterior look of the house so much, from a nice long ranch look to just a house, if you know what I mean.

So it's back to the drawing board. We've been focusing on shingle style but we like other styles, too - California contemporary, western open floor plans, french country. The house will be on a golf course.

I really want an unusual look for the house, something unique and different (without being TOO odd or too contemporary), and I'm having trouble finding it online. I'd like to find something and then take it to my architect and have it drawn up, with our interior plan of course.

Are there websites that show unusual house plans? Houzz is helpful but not really focused on plans. I've been to Jack Arnold's site, too. Any ideas are very much appreciated!

J.

Comments (18)