Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pictures of Maronda Home

Posted by lmmegna (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 15, 05 at 20:42

Hello,
I have been a reader of this forum as well as many others about builders and the whole home building process. Have read some pretty scary posts about building disasters and the fact that I know nothing when it comes to the building process. I recently went to Florida(I am in Ma. right now) to see how my home is coming along and took some photos. I would like to post a link to them and get some feedback from anyone who may see something that looks like it may be incorrect.
A bit of background: My family lives in Ma. and we are building a Maronda Home in Winter Haven , Fl. We chose the home back in April 2004 and signed papers in January 2005. Were promised a home in July 2005, but it has yet to be finished.
I have one more role that I will add tomorrow(developed the wrong one..oops!)

Now that link:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=237860978205&page=1&sort_order=0

Just in case..here's another one:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=s8l03fp.319sa9el&Uy=-aft6t9&Ux=1

Thanks
Lisa

Here is a link that might be useful: Maronda home

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pictures of Maronda Home

You really need to repost this on the regular discussion side/board of Building a Home; a lot more traffic.

Maronda and Maronda homes were the topic of a great number of posts on these boards (and the Buying and Selling board), about two-three years ago, and there was not a consensus that it was good.

I was able to see some of the pictures, and although some of the work is sloppy, I must say that the exterior weatherization (housewrap and window flashing), is completely unacceptable in it's current form. Please read some of the posts on window flashing and ensure that propert weatherization procedures are followed. I would not close on this house if it were left this way; it is too common, and too costly an error that will cost you money in the long run, should you have a problem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here