Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
summer397

Advice on lower level floor plan

summer397
14 years ago

Hello everyone! I am new here. We are planning to build with a small local builder. I have attached the 1st level floor plan for the house we are interested in. However, we would like to change things around a bit to fit our lifestyle. We will be meeting with the builder soon, so any suggestions you can provide would be greatly appreciated! We are trying to keep the size the same, so we do not increase the price drastically. Here is some background:

-We are not interested in a formal living room or formal dining room, as we would not use those rooms. However, we would like an area to use as a playroom (Maybe the existing living room could be used as this?)

-We would like to maximize kitchen space - considering getting rid of the dining room and moving the kitchen further to the left to provide a larger kitchen. My husband is also interested in a peninsula instead of an island. We would like additional seating space (high bar stools) at the peninsula. My husband would also prefer a wall oven and gas cooktop.

-I am considering the possibility of a morning room in addition to a small breakfast area. But not sure where this could go.

-We would like laundry on this floor, but don't see much space to put this. Any ideas?

Thanks for any advice you can provide!

Image link: