Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brick Moulding around windows on brick home

Posted by stevet3 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 17, 06 at 0:03

I am rebuilding my destroyed home from Katrina and have received several tips while in the process. One idea that seems to make sense is to trim my windows with brick mould on the outside. This would allow the window to be replaced if ever needing to without having to chip out bricks around the windows. I know you can cut the flanges and use replacement windows if needed, but the brick mould makes sense. My question is how will the Brick Moulding look around my windows on a new brick home? Will it look stupid? Most windows I see in Brick homes I see brick right up to the window and have the decorative shutters on the sides.I'm not just patching the house it is being re-bricked completely. The only thing left standing was the foundation, most studs and the roof. Thanks for your input and any other "wish I would have" when I built my house...SteveT3

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here