Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sarahmakes6 - Completed House

Posted by sarahmakes6 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 18, 05 at 18:06

We first talked to our builder in April 2003. Signed the contract in September 2003. Broke ground in May 2004, and moved into the house in February 2005. Almost 2 years of building torture later, and we truly love our home.

The house is 2975 sq ft. It's 5 bedrooms, 4 bath with a mud room, small office, family room upstairs, and an open great room downstairs for kitchen/living/dining. The house fits our family perfectly and hopefully will for years to come.

Here is a link that might be useful: Darcy's House

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sarahmakes6 - Completed House

Beautiful! I love the idea of an upstairs family room instead of a vaulted ceiling in the great room. Did you design the plan yourself or use a stock plan?
Kelley

o

Love the photos since you've moved in! Everything looks wonderful and your selections came together beautifully. You should be very proud.

o

Gorgeous! You have excellent taste, everything looks wonderful.

o

Your house looks great! I know you are so excited to finally be finished with construction and moved in. I had to laugh - the living room (or den) with the green walls is so soothing, then to see the vibrant blue bedroom walls! It's a beautiful color, but I don't know how they can get any sleep! lol

o

Yeah Darcy! It looks great, hope your family enjoys it!

o

AWwww! enjoy in the best of health. congratulations! (gives us hope).

o

Sarah -

I can't access your photos. Please repost.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here