Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tigerlily's New House--still under construction

Posted by Tiger_lily_sc (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 18, 05 at 17:06

Here's the link. Feel free to give advice or suggestions or even criticisms!!The front of house will be having shutters (not sure what color yet) and dentil moulding headers and railing with turned vinyl spindles. Back of house still has to have a few shutters added on porch as well as columns, railing and the deck is waiting on railing as well. Nothing to post on inside as we're just in priming stage.
If any of you have a shutter color suggestion, I would appreciate it--I'm leaning between a sage green or either black. As for the front door, I haven't decided on a color for it yet either.
For my interior colors I'm leaning toward EK Citrine in the great room, Old Brick in the library, Peridot in the Keeping room and DH wants Mocha in the Master bedroom (YUK!) One DD's room will be a peacock blue and the other a EK violet. Don't know yet about DS's room but we have a color consultant coming Friday to help me with all of this, thank goodness!!
Feel free to offer suggestions!

Tigerlily

Here is a link that might be useful: Tigelily's house

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tigerlily's New House--still under construction

Great looking house Tigerlily! Since we'll be buying a southern brick home next year, I've been driving around various neighborhoods to get an idea of what colors look best for shutters/front doors. I found this gorgeous house that I'm probably going to take a pic of. Anyways, it is brick like yours, but has dk bronze colored shutters, with a beautiful mahogany looking door. I can't get close enough to the house to tell you for sure, because it is behind a massive gate. But I thought the color scheme looked really pretty and elegant on this traditional home. On each side of the door are porchlights are also bronze. Also, they have a lampost on the lawn to the right of the door that is the same dk bronze color. I'm sure my description doesn't give this house enough justice. I wonder if the homeowners would mind if I took a picture? It'll be kind of hard to ask with the big gate blocking the way and all :)
Anjal

o

Tiger Lily, my husband's study is painted EK Mocha and everyone loves it! I will try to get an updated photo; if you would like one, email me and I'll forward a photo to you. Good luck--your house is beautiful! We're building on a lake, also.

o

Tigerlily, do we get more pictures?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here