Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frank Betz Culbertson

Posted by alexjo (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 29, 10 at 22:15

Hi. My husband and I are about to embark on building our first home. Very exciting, but scary! We have chosen the plan by Frank Betz called the Culbertson. We love the layout, but I would really LOVE to see actual pictures of this home. Has anyone built it? Do you have pictures you would be willing to share? Also, any thoughts on the floor plan and any changes we might make to make it the most optimal living space for a family of 5 would be great! Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frank Betz Culbertson

Hi. My husband and I are also building The Culbertson. I was wondering if you ever came across any photos. Or have photos from your build. Thanks!

o

Ok, one of you must be done with the home buy now :-) I also have chosen this plan, I am looking for the same info as well, any suggestions/ insights would be appreciated

o

Hi Jamie, I never heard from Alexjo but I did find some photos online. We still haven't even broken ground yet for our house but I will be sure to post photos here when we do. I'd love to see your progress too.

Video Tour: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiUPdshmz0s
The Video has a link to more photos.

Another Home's photos: http://www.stephenspropertiesllc.nstemp.com/rental2/lot 55 Mallard View/Lot 55 Mallard.htm

o

Hi all.
My wife and I are also just starting to build the Culbertson model in Indiana. We should break ground next week. I would appreciate seeing pictures of your homes if you have them. We (and our builder) have been unable to find the exact door with sidelights (see link) that is on Frank Betz's website. Were you able to find this? If so, where?

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Door with Sidelights

o

we are building the culbertson too here at the end of sept!!! so excited to see others love love the plan as much as we do. Thanks for the sites samwich. I was expecting the keeping room to be bigger. We are only doing a fire place in the family room. Any one have any pictures to add!! Can't wait to see!!!

o

Would love to see pictures as well!!! We are thinking hard about building this plan.

o

We are planning on building this plan and would be very interested in seeing pictures!

o

We are nearing the end of our construction on the Culbertson so I will try and get some pictures taken this weekend to share. I'd happy answer anyone's questions if I can. I know I was hungry for information on it when we first started building. i just can't wait to move in at the end of the month!

o

Us too!!!!! We should be in by end of April!!!! Will post pics too. Can't wait to see them. Sam, did u make any changes?

o

Waiting to pick stone for the front!,, we think we r going with stone craft, ledgestone in Pennsylvania??? I'm real nervous to pick it...I want it to blend with the rugged canyon shake shingle and the harbor grey siding....I don't want it to be too too grey. Any suggestions? We added windows to the left side of the downstairs...a window in the kitchen, windows in the keeping room. we got rid of the fireplace in keeping room and added windows there...put acfrench door in breakfast area and a window where the original door was to go. We put sink on outside kitchen wall and just made the island without sink/dishwasher, but kept serving bar. I got rid of the built in wall pantry and had cabinet panties added. We r just doing a ventless gas fireplace in living room. Can't wait to see your pics sandwich!!!!

o
New RE: Frank Betz Culbertson

http://s1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg598/annicade/

o

We are in the process of building the Culbertson, as well, and I'd love to see any pictures of the finished home if anyone would be willing to share. Thanks!

o

Does anyone have any pictures of the Culbertson plan?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here