Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Amy's new home progress

Posted by Amy_H (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 13, 05 at 20:35

This is a link to the house we are building. I was hoping that everyone here would post their own thread so we can see all the different homes being built by forum members. Here is a little info on ours.

We started planning to build a two story. About 2 revisions into the plans, I just felt really strongly that I should build a one story. We plan to live in our house until we die. With the stress of building, I joke that it might be any day now. Our old plan (2 story) really had a lot more thought put into it. Overall, the plan came out better than I imagined, especially since I have no qualifications to design a house. The only major flaw in the design so far is the kitchen. You walk out of the mudroom and into the cabinets. It really didn't look that bad on paper. If I had it to do over again, I would move the kitchen wall 2 feet out. That's all I needed to do. Oh well. I posted about the kitchen problem over on the kitchen forum if you have any suggestions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Amy's house

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Amy's new home progress

That's gonna be some kitchen. Looks good from every angle to me. What are you planning for cabinets?

o

I was planning white beaded inset cabinets, but the budget just got a reality check. I had a custom guy give me a price that was realistic, but he just informed me that he is 12 weeks out so I'm back to the drawing board.

I just don't really care for the look of the fridge wall. It will be the focal point from the great room and it doesn't look balanced or attractive enough to me.

o

Oh, I don't know. The island and hood are going to be in the view too and I think it looks ok. But you're the one that needs to be happy with it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here