Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
punamytsike

Punamytsike's famous ;) concrete projects

punamytsike
19 years ago

I beat you, Bill and where are you pictures of your basement project, still waiting ;)

And I hope my concrete projects will give lots of inspiration and encouragement to others :)

Here is a link that might be useful: No more ugly concrete

Comments (13)

• Mizzou_KX
    19 years ago

Hey, Lilly. I was hoping you'd post that concrete link.

Since this is new for us perhaps we could continue to add specific threads and kind of keep things grouped together. If someone else has decorative concrete links I would recommend posting them here on this page, instead of starting another thread.

That way the threads will stay around longer and we could start an ongoing historical Gallery. But that's just my opinion and I won't fault anyone for wanting to do it differently.

I know HunterTX and Riverrat have some great stained concrete pics, and I looking forward to seeing them posted too.

• punamytsike
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Bill, this is great idea. Do you know if Skip would consider changing the Subject of the posting? Next time I will start a thread, I will use more generic title, promise ;)

• Mizzou_KX
    19 years ago

I think the title is fine as it is. I'm thinking about the long term aspects of the gallery and hoping it can become a collection of photos that will be useful for months and years to come. Of course trends come and go and nothing remains static for very long.

I've just been running some thoughts through my head this a.m. about what would be useful here. Perhaps a photo thread on windows and window walls. One on architectural details like different window trims, woodwork etc. The list is endless.

Those are just some random thoughts. I'm really looking forward to see how this develops. Should be a lot of fun.

• okwriter
    19 years ago

Trends may come and go, but those concrete designs are timeless. I never grow tired of seeing them!

• riverrat1
    19 years ago

Mizzou, here ya go!!

I like the idea of keeping the photo's around for along time. We try to do that over on the Kitchen forum in the gallery.

{{gwi:1396130}}

{{gwi:1396133}}

{{gwi:1396134}}

• Jason_MI
    19 years ago

Rat....I like that kitchen quite a bit.

Puny....that is stunning. How is that done? Particularly on older, laid concrete? I notice you said on the link that such and such had to 'cut' the concrete.......give me the details, please.

• riverrat1
    19 years ago

Jason, thanks, I did have a huge chicken in the kitchen at one time but someone seems to have taken it.

BTW, I can cook up some mean gravy in that kitchen!

• Mizzou_KX
    19 years ago

Mizzou's "not so famous" acid-stained sidewalk and basement.

{{gwi:1396136}}{{gwi:1396137}}

• meigzilla
    19 years ago

Mizzou & riverrat:

What did you use and how did you go about doing that? I am thinking of staining my new patio once we get settled into the new house. I really wanted pavers but they just aren't in the budget. I like the way the stained concrete looks, too.

Lilly sent me info on her stuff, but I am looking for more to see which is the best product for me to use.

Thanks!

• Mizzou_KX
    19 years ago

Here's a link to a current concrete stain thread. You can also check out the Kemiko website at www.kemiko.com. Lots of good stuff there. There's another good link somewhere on my computer but I can't find it now. Geeeeeez, I got to do some organizing.

Here is a link that might be useful: current stained concrete thread

• riverrat1
    19 years ago

Meigzilla, I really wanted to brick my entire addition but ~sigh~ I had to stop the madness. Concrete was the next best thing and alot cheaper. We had our floors done by a local pro but step by step instructions are relativly easy to find on the websites for concrete staning.

The link is the website for the guys that did our floors.
    Good luck to you in your quest.

Here is a link that might be useful: Surface Effects

• melsken
    18 years ago

Beautiful projects. I want to acid stain a patio, nothing fancy, no scoring. I just want to get rid of the ugly gray color. This project is at a lake house that's off the beaten path and there's no way I would get an expert in to do the job, so it's up to me to get it done. Problem is I'm having trouble finding the info that I need. I've spent lots of time looking on the net, but have yet to find good step by step instructions. I'm not even sure what brand would be best. Any advice would be apppreciated.

• Mizzou_KX
    18 years ago

Check the link below. Lot's of info as well as some directions. They also have a video available for a small charge.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kemiko stain site