Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vent- I hate verizon!!!!

Posted by lishaana (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 29, 07 at 19:20

Well, I'm on day 5 of waiting for verizon to come by and hook up our phone service. It's a new construction house so I have to be there to let them in so they can set up the service box. They give you 9 hour "windows" when they can come and I'm stuck in an empty house w/ no furniture, TV, internet access or phone. I was supposed to be packing for our move next week. NOw I have to pack the whole house in a weekend with 2 screaming kids(I wasted my free days when DD was in school this week)

What angers me the most is that the installers arbitrarily decide that they "can't fit you in" on a particular day and neglect to call you. So you're stuck waiting and waiting for NOTHING.

We've been up the phone chain of command and all we get is the same old run-around of how their sorry and that we would definitely be hooked up the next morning. It is a bunch of BS. We finally got through to a supervisor today that actually called the foreman in that area and found out they weren't planning on coming by(despite the fact that we are supposedly in the highest priority category).

I am so peeved right now. Verizon has a monopoly on the land lines and doesn't care how they treat you .

Thanks for letting me vent. We just closed on our house and i'll be able to post pics once we're settled. I've gained a lot of info from this forum

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vent- I hate verizon!!!!

As amazing as it sounds some people LOVE their phone company.

Here is a link that might be useful: Somewhere out there...

o
RE: Vent- I hate verizon!!!!

It's probably too late for you but you'd be amazed at how responsive Verizon can get when you file a brief, factual, articulate complaint with the Public Service Commission. And they have a convenient website where you can file it 24/7. Of course I'm sure the PSC is in bed with a lot of utilities but their website has an eye opening listing of complaints and resolutions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here