Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thanksgiving Dinner, anyone?

Posted by hostagrams (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 11, 08 at 20:53

Leaving our build this afternoon, we encountered one family of the large flock of wild turkeys who live on our land. We've watched these little guys grow up over the summer . . . they're really big guys now. They're safe, though . . . no hunting on our property, by agreement of the 4 families -- except for varmit control!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thanksgiving Dinner, anyone?

We saw a wild turkey family on one of the lots in our neighborhood a while ago:

Love this pic...and I was scrambling for my camera in the passenger's seat to hurry and take the photo while they were walking away! :)

o

What a great picture! Mine were lurking in the woods on one side of the lane, and strung out going across. They were too deep in cover to get the whole family!

o

They are cool, but also very prolific and being introduced to parts of North America that were never part of their natural range.

I enjoy seeing them, but I'm glad they perfer my sister's yard to mine. Her cat won't go out when they are around...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here