Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dish or Direct TV

Posted by allison0704 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 13, 05 at 22:42

Do you have Dish or Directv? Why did you choose the one you have? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dish or Direct TV

Neither. Read a book.

o

Have had both. Direct TV has a lot of special sports packages, but i think the better deal by just a few bucks is Dish. They are about the same unless you have specialized needs.

o

Dish, but their customer service is lousy, doubt if Direct is any better.

o

Dish, and I've never had any problems with their customer service.

o

Dish. Had a long awful nightmare with Direct that was only solved by BBB, took weeks of hard emailing/letter writing,etc.

o

DIRECTV. I love it and you get more bang for the buck.

o

We had a BIG nightmare with Direct that ended up with the BBB and the state consumer protection agency,etc. Got our money back, but what a hassle.

We do cable phone, internet and TV. Love it. No ugly dish.

o

I am on DISH now. I was on DirecTV for many years, but when I needed to move the dish, DirecTV would do nothing to help - until after I had signed a contract with DISH. Then DirecTV kept calling and calling and calling trying to get me back. Too bad - they had their chance.

DISH has a system in place to upgrade your equipment. They have a system for moving and they have a system for equipment protection (our LNB keeps getting messed up). While I was with DirecTV they had nothing like that that they let the customer know about.

BUT all that said - try calling each for their best deals and play them off against each other!
Anne

o

I've had both, started with Direct TV. Couldn't get local channels with them, so we switched. I still miss Tanya Memme.

Bob

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here