Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how do i find my posts

Posted by midwestmom (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 26, 05 at 13:05

is there somewhere i can click to see all my posts?
i've posted in a few of the boards and sometimes i forget what i posted where. i know most forums have this feature, i just haven't found it here yet. thankyou

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how do i find my posts

I don't think there's a profile manager or anything like that on these forums. The best alternative I know of is to just do a search for your screen name. For some reason, though, it doesn't bring up posts on the "conversations" side of forums.

o

The search tool is at the bottom of the pages that list the thread titles. And Ima is right, it only brings up posts on the discussions pages.

o

You could also set it up that the responses to your thread be emailed to you. It only works for threads that you start, though.

o

try signing each of your posts, at the end, with your user name. That way a search of your user name will pull up your posts. Just a thought...

o

It's incredibly inconvenient and difficult to locate my past posts when wanting to either check for responses or just re-read them for the info. This site is great in many ways, but not in this one.

o

Is there a way to search posts made by others? For example, I see some folks who are building a house by the same architect I am interested in buying plans from. I'd love to see if they've actually posted other follow ups about it but can't figure out how to search their name.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here