Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mightyanvil

So long and good luck with your projects.

mightyanvil
16 years ago

I will be restricting my time to professional forums and homeowners willing to pay me for my time.

If you have any tough issues try BAHRR.

Comments (11)

• booboo60
    16 years ago

mightyanvil,
    I just want you to know that I, for one, so appreciate all of the info you have given on this forum. I lurked for along time before I ever posted knowing I was a long way from my build, as my username implies, two years to be exact but I was soooo impressed with your knowledge and I know you have been a godsend to many others! Thank you so much and God Bless!

• mlo1
    16 years ago

I always considered it a "bonus" when I logged on and was lucky enough to find a response from you to someone's quarry. The responses which you passionately articulated have been throughly enjoyed. I have learned alot from them.

Thank you! for your time in helping and sharing your knowledge.

• pattiem93
    16 years ago

Mightyanvil, I SO agree with both of the above posters- I am so disgusted with all this. Thank you so much
    Pattie

• brutuses
    16 years ago

Pattie, disgusted with "all" what?

• bj_inatlanta
    16 years ago

Thank you for all your help. I've sensed in earlier posts that you were growing weary of the forum. Guessing that the recent events were the final straw.

I apologize for my part in that situation. I let him get to me early on and I added fuel to the fire. As I said earlier, I felt that I had behaved badly and I made some efforts to bring things back on track. Don't think it would've worked; he just yanked too many chains for too many people. So thanks for your work on that; we can all get back to the task at hand now.

You will be greatly missed here.

• amyks
    16 years ago

I'm sorry to read that you are leaving. I wish you wouldn't let a neighborhood bully have that kind of power over you. Webster's definition of a bully is a blustering browbeating person, especially one habitually cruel to others who are weaker. The only difference is that weakness was only perceived by him. Cruel, nasty and hateful behavior is not well tolerated by inherantly fair people, the latter of which I believe are in abundance on this forum. There will always be the occasional flake.

Your contributions will be missed greatly. You are a consistently polished class act. I hope you change your mind. If not, then I wish you the best of luck.

Amy

• claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
    16 years ago

Ah, are you really going to let the turkeys win?

There are a lot of good, decent people on this forum who don't have a clue as to how the building process works. Without a voice of reason (which you have provided many times), they'll be sucked into the maelstrom of false information and make unfortunate, costly decisions they'll regret for years.

I'm hoping you'll take a break and let this understandable disgust cool down; then come back and help us out again.

Claire

• juniork
    16 years ago

MA, will miss you greatly. You always had wonderful information, and I appreciate your willingness to answer questions from newbies like myself! I've only been on a few months, but I could tell immediately that you were one of the reasons people come to this forum.

• betsy_anne
    16 years ago

MA, I lurk more than post, but I too have appreciated reading your insightful and honest responses during our build (now mostly finished - at least we are moved in). Good luck and thank you, Betsy

• User
    16 years ago

If you're still reading MA, add us to the voices thanking you for your intelligent and educational posts. You have taught a great many people about design, architecture, homes and construction. You are a class act. Our best to you.

sandyponder

• teresa_b
    16 years ago

Hello MA,

I will also miss your posts. I notied recently there were none, where previously I would have expected you to share your wisdom. You answered some of my posts and I appreciated it greatly, especially as we had follow up conversations with our architect. You gave me courage to follow my intuition! Thank you and I hope you decide to rejoin us.

Teresa B.