mightyanvil

remembering a soldier and a friend

mightyanvil
16 years ago

At av's request here's the original

Comments (9)

• amyks
    16 years ago

I know that is a picture of your brother, but you are identical twins....That makes you smart AND good lookin'! I knew it, I just knew it. I can tell smart and good lookin' a mile away, I'm married to it;-)

Amy

• mightyanvil
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Calm down. The photo is 39 years old. But I did marry a beautiful younger woman 30 years ago.

• avjohnson
    16 years ago

Thanking you over here too...

(So I guess you're smart and distinguished now)

• mightyanvil
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Being called well-preserved is the highest compliment I can hope for now.

• amyks
    16 years ago

You can't fool me. I happen to know that men and good wine improve with age.

• mightyanvil
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You're too kind, trust me. Does that mean I can drink more wine as I get older, if it's good? There could be a conflict there but I'm prepared to overlook it in the interest of scholarship. I'll be in Italy for the next 10 days with my lovely wife shamelessly trailing after our 16 year old daughter who is touring Italy with a high school choral group. It's the price she must pay for having "mature parents" (as they described us in the birthing classes). I shall test your theory about good wine and report back.

• amyks
    16 years ago

You are then taking my dream trip, my loving husband has promised to get me there in the next year or two. It was going to be next year for my 40th birthday, but I have volunteered to delay for a year because of building the house. We'll see. I can be really frugal when I want to!

I don't blame you for trailing a 16 year old in a foreign country. I will trail all of mine shamelessly in this country or another! Have a wonderful trip, and drink plenty of that superior Italian wine!!

Amy

• mightyanvil
    Original Author
    16 years ago

"Mighty Anvil 2", Intelligence Captain and G-2 officer of the Military Assistance Command Vietnam (MACV) Advisor Team 98 in Bien Hoa, receiving the Bronze Star with Valor from Col. Abrams (who later replaced Gen. Westmoreland)

He survived incredible risks in secret missions in Laos and Cambodia, the Tet offensive, and night helicopter actions but lived only 8 weeks after tests for persistent flue-like intestinal discomfort showed he had abdominal cancer 35 years later.

• lroth1_twmi_rr_com
    13 years ago

I was assigned to An Thoi Vietnam with the Navy Avisory team #159 from April 1966 to April 1967, is anyone alive now? Larry Roth