What did I miss??

When will he be back??

Has he been banished to disney ??

its just NOT the same w/o his humor

sage advice,& opinions...

Comments (104)

• Nancy in Mich
    18 years ago

Yeah, who was that archy? Gotta watch out for him if he's going to incite teacup spinning among our favorite forumers!

• Jodie_B
    18 years ago

As I recall the architect threw out a churlish post that said he felt he wasn't welcome here and that he was leaving us for greener pastures so I doubt we'll be hearing from him again. If only he knew what angst he caused on the BAH forum!

• housewitch
    18 years ago

Yes, I'm afraid said architect felt that large numbers of posters were *anti-architect*. Whether or not that is true, I believe that most of us were actually *anti-rude, condescending, superior, argumentative architect who posts to the forums*.

• energy_rater_la
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I say if you don't want an
    opinion don't ask for one.

How long does this exile to disney last??

• allison0704
    18 years ago

I think forever.

• Jodie_B
    18 years ago

LOL Housewitch!

How about anti-rude, condescending, superior, argumentative _________________ who posts to forums?

• Dreamer2000
    18 years ago

not exiled forever! please please let us do something to get jason back. he must be having some jack right now and enjoying his own post but we need need need his insights. what can we do? and can somebody send a link to the post where he had discussion with the architect?

• tnlady
    18 years ago

Chicken Man is still here. He's under an Alias which we don't really want to divulge lest it endanger him.

I'll see if Mizzou, OK, and I can come up with a way to divulge that info to you.

I would say Email me off mypage and I'd tell you...But ya know there are people with spy cameras, muffins, bad contracts and GOD on their side that might get that info somehow.

We'll figure somethin' out this next week ;)

TNThankGodThere'sOneMoreWeekendDayLady

• sarahmakes6
    18 years ago

TNLady, If that be true I doubt it'll take long to figure him out. In fact, it may become a personal challenge.

• greenbank
    18 years ago

I think Jason is Paris. ;^)

• allison0704
    18 years ago

LOL!!!!!

• rollie
    18 years ago

I dont care who you are, thats funny, right there!

• sarahmakes6
    18 years ago

Greenbank, that was absolutely hilarious. You win the one-liner of the year award, flat out.

• greenbank
    18 years ago

:^)

Ya gotta think, though--if you were sent to the teacups, wouldn't the sweetest "revenge" be to come back as the next Dave or Paris? Assuming, of course, they only block your username and not your IP.

• Mizzou_KX
    18 years ago

Jason as Paris????? I think not. If he does return I can guarantee he won't assume a French name.

• allison0704
    18 years ago

I was expecting Jason's name to be in article. Would explain where he's been!

Here is a link that might be useful: Chicken Ticketed for Crossing Road

• Chimeralife
    18 years ago

So TNLady, what's the plan? C'mon, let's hear it, you said you'd come up with one.

chimera

• sarahmakes6
    18 years ago

Waiting on the west coast, too. Tapping fingers...

• ItAintEasy
    18 years ago

Who is this jason?

• allison0704
    18 years ago

A. He's a figment of our imagination! ;)

B. A hero in our eyes!

C. A forum friend who gives great advice.

D. None of the above.

• Mizzou_KX
    18 years ago

E. Most of the above.

And he has this big chicken that goes with him everywhere (helps him cross the road). He's rants about cabinet prices, people spending money on granite, and other stuff, but other than that he's pretty ok.

Right now he's on vacation at Disney. I think he was standing in the beer line last we heard.

• Brittta
    18 years ago

I've never been to Disney (as an adult)... do they even SELL beer there? Or is that how parents cope with the screaming, mind boggling rides (and kids, for that matter) as well as spend a small fortune in the tourist shops?

• Chimeralife
    18 years ago

Has anyone emailed Spike to plead for release? Maybe if we drown him with tears he will decide we have all suffered enough.

Although, it has been kinda fun. For him it's probably like in Huck Finn when they come back to hear their own Eulogies. He should never, ever be insecure for the rest of his life because he has the knowledge that he has great friends he has never met who will back him up, no matter the circumstances.

How many people can say that?....

• sarahmakes6
    18 years ago

Do you think there's a rule about not talking about who's gone to Disney? 'Cuz whenever someone does on the kitchen forum they all seem to tiptoe around the names. Personally I'd like to make a list. You know how sometimes people disappear and it takes you awhile to notice? Take TexasGal5, for example. Since she'd just finished her house I assumed she jumped ship. I didn't know for a long time that she'd headed to the big D. Anybody else around here?

• fairegold
    18 years ago

Yes, there is a rule about such complaints. The rule is : Grow up. Live with it. Let this be a warning to you--- complaining will get you no where.

OK? Jason is bright enough to figure this out. I have faith in him. If YOU complain, you're liable to get yanked.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

• Brittta
    18 years ago

Fairegold... you're so good with all the rules! I say we officially name Fairegold the "keeper of rules and all things fair(egold)." hehehe

• Mizzou_KX
    18 years ago

... and there's no need to plead for someones release. Throwing yourself on the mercy of the courts has no effect here. Came close to getting a "pass" myself tryin' to do that. Course, it could have been my "attitude".

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :-)

There's no rule about discussing those on vacation though, as long as you don't start hurling spears at those who sent them into exile.

• allison0704
    18 years ago

Mizzou, we ALL know you don't have an "attitude!"

I heard it sometimes takes months before getting a warning on a post. I would think it would take place quicker than that...maybe that explains why Mizzou is still around! ;0

• okwriter
    18 years ago

Having been to Disney, I can tell you it is no fun... The only possible hope of being allowed to return here is to plead for mercy. That may/may not work. And I understand it doesn't do much good to plead on someone else's behalf, which is pretty sad.

I wonder if we could/should start something up somewhere so that even the NEPs (now exiled posters) could join in the conversation.

• energy_rater_la
    Original Author
    18 years ago

okwriter,
    Someone mentioned a blog on the thread here
    that just reached 100.
    I am not really familiar with the details
    only the concept, having only visited a couple,
    but if I can figure it out...all of you whizes
    could also. Then I could ask for help!
    What do y'all think?
    Blog or no blog?
    The veiled refrences are kind of funny, but make
    us very clique-ish to others.

P. S. I can't believe you got sent to disney!
    How long was your exile?
    I know, not keeping up as I should...
    But I am still trying to get some idea of the
    length of the exile...its been weeks
    I need my Jason fix...

• allison0704
    18 years ago

Why can't J*son just register under another name and post? How would they know!?

• okwriter
    18 years ago

I think perhaps he tried that, allison, but someone outed him ~ perhaps even unintentionally.

ER: Mine lasted about 10 days until I could no longer bear the agony. I pleaded and begged and promised to always behave from that point on so I was granted re-entry but with a stern warning.

I will do some checking about alternate locations...

• fairegold
    18 years ago

I'm not really a stickler for rules, and I don't really care, but I've watched this happen in a number of different forums over several years. And when people make a lot of noise about someone else that got Disneyed, gee, those people tend to disappear to the teacups, too. So I am just passing along observations from several years of reading these forums.

• Dreamer2000
    18 years ago

I did not know texasgal went to disney also. i thought she was just busy with her new house. I hope cheerit did not go to disney either.

• Happykate
    18 years ago

I miss both those posters, too. texasgal is apparently a victim of her own beliefs (poor girley; I hope the scorpions didn't run her out! and, does she like her two storied family room now?), but Cheerit dumped us. She's posted in furniture & child raising many times. Too bad.

• energy_rater_la
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Cheerit dumped us???
    Well!

Ok peeps I have a big favor to ask.

I have NEVER had a thread of mine reach 100.
    (Guess I just lack the magnetic appeal of
    paris..)
    Want to help me out??
    Only need 10 more!
    Then we can put it to rest, and visit w/Jason!

• allison0704
    18 years ago

I'll help out.

I didn't know texasgal or cheerit..but how nice can she be if she DUMPED ya'll?!

• okwriter
    18 years ago

According to "the rules" we can't post just to manipulate this thread in the rotation. So while we are "technically" unable to post just to bump this up to 100, we can continue to answer questions that pertain to the original or subsequent posts here.

Where is Jason? Jason who?

• frances00
    18 years ago

I'll help. I too like to see people reach their goals.

We went to Disney last year and had a good time.
    Hum....Didn't ride those darned tea cups though, maybe that's why it was enjoyable ;)

Have a good day all

• Mizzou_KX
    18 years ago

okwriter is correct about manipulating threads. I wouldn't want to get caught doing that.

• demeron
    18 years ago

I miss Texasgal and Cheerit. Sorry to hear the former is in Disney.

• Mizzou_KX
    18 years ago

Hey, y'all quit manipulating this post. Can't you read????? :-)

4 to go.

• lettersatoz
    18 years ago

Careful Mizzou, any time I hear someone yell "Four!", I duck! (well, ok, so that's "Fore" - but close enough...)

• allison0704
    18 years ago

It's ya'll not y'all! ;0

Jason, Jason...dear, sweet Jason. I heard he's moved on.

• Mizzou_KX
    18 years ago

I heard he was reincarnated as an architect.

• stasek
    18 years ago

Done!

• allison0704
    17 years ago

LOL I should post a picture of Jason and the big chicken.

• catchmeifyoucan
    17 years ago

I don't think you can say "chicken" here.

• jasonmi7
    17 years ago

Rumor has it the chicken is dead. The Evil Monkey killed him. We've obtained this secret, hidden camera of the deed in progress.....perhaps you should make sure no young children are in the room before viewing.

[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a201/JasonMI/DSC_0683.jpg[/IMG]

• perryrip
    14 years ago

Rollie,

I wanted to ask you a question about Delores' house. Are you the same Rollie?

Perryrip