might get a kick out of it.

YOUR AGE BY CHOCOLATE MATH

>

>

> DON'T CHEAT BY SCROLLING DOWN FIRST!

>

> It takes less than a minute....... Work this out as

> you read. Be sure you

> don't read the bottom until you've worked it out!

> This is not one of those

> waste of time things, it's fun.

>

> 1. First of all, pick the number of times a week

> that you would like to

> have chocolate. (more than once but less than 10)

>

> 2. Multiply this number by 2 (Just to be bold)

>

> 3. Add 5. (for Sunday)

>

> 4. Multiply it by 50 I'll wait while you get the

> calculator

>

> 5. If you have already had your birthday this year

> add 1755. If you

> haven't, add 1754 ...

>

> 6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were

> born. You should have a

> three digit number.

>

>

> The first digit of this was your original number

> (i.e.,how many times you

> want to have chocolate each week).

>

> The next two numbers are .......YOUR AGE! (Oh YES,

> it is!!!!!)

>

>

> THIS IS THE ONLY YEAR (2005) IT WILL EVER WORK, SO

> SPREAD IT AROUND WHILE

> IT LASTS.

Comments (23)

• Brittta
    18 years ago

I suck at math, but I know I eat a lot of chocolate... I did the cliff's notes version and just wrote down my times of week and age and I'll be darned, it's just like the last line said it'd be! hehehe

• Mizzou_KX
    18 years ago

Mrs. Energy Rater?!?!?!?!? (he says, waveing his hand and yelling from the back of the room)

Brittta C H E A T E D ! ! ! ! ! !

• Brittta
    18 years ago

I was just efficient with my time. Efficiency... that's what Energy Rater is all about, right???

• okwriter
    18 years ago

I don't want to know...

• energy_rater_la
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Mizzou, thats Ms. & we don't snitch here.
    Thats for the forums, not among friends....

Brittta,
    As always I eat too much chocolate & am old.
    SIGH (reaching for another Snicker bar with my
    wrinkled age spotted hand...)
    Home early after very efficiently wrapping up
    friday's work....

• okwriter
    18 years ago

Oh yes! It IS Friday, isn't it? And I did plan to take off early today! And it's almost 3:45, which is when I'm leaving. Have a great weekend, ya'll!

okwriter (who figures everyone here is about her age so she is in good company)

• demifloyd
    18 years ago

I think Britta may be our resident baby, or maybe I'm getting confused (senile). Isn't there a country song about the "backside of thirty" ?

Speaking of chocolate, does anyone have a favorite?
    For instant gratification, mine is Dove, dark chocolate.

• Brittta
    18 years ago

Anything MILK CHOCOLATE for me.... not semi, not dark, no nuts in it... just good ol' milk chocolate.

And I'll be turning 33 this month. I think there are a few others on here younger than that... maybe housewitch? Can't remember for sure.

Wait... by "baby", you mean age, right??

• demifloyd
    18 years ago

Britta, yep, I mean age. You're a baby compared to me. I was a double nickel baby. The forum sort of puts us on a level playing field. I wonder if we were all put in a room, if we'd interact or divide up into age groups. Where's our resident sociology prof to answer that question?

• Brittta
    18 years ago

Oh, I'd be hanging with everyone. I tend to flock towards those with a sense of humor. Otherwise I feel like I'm back in study hall again, which ironically is why I got detention a lot (not really, but I should have ;). The study hall monsters never knew how to laugh.

• housewitch
    18 years ago

Ohhh, my favorite is any good quality dark chocolate. No nuts, no "bits" of anything, no coconut, no fruit. Just chocolate.

For the true chocolate experience, though, I go for a homemade flourless chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting. It takes all afternoon to make, and then has to chill overnight. But, it's sooooo gooood. We drink black coffee or sipping bourbon with it to help cut some of the richness.

FWIW, I am one of the young ones here. I'll be 29 in October. I tend to gravitate to the funny, snarky, intelligent people, regardless of age, in any group. I think I'd probably find most of you at demifloyd's party. I'd be the strange one lurking in the corner, though, as I tend to listen and watch as opposed to talking much at gatherings (see other thread about foot-in-mouth disease).

• allison0704
    18 years ago

Hershey's with almond for me...everyday for the past two months. I've even gained a few pounds. Who'd a thunk?!

housewitch, I'm a big watcher too! I love to go to a public place and watch people as they walk by. A friend of mine (male, of couse) likes to play "How Much Would It Take For You To Sleep With Him/Her?!" For some reason, he'll always sleep with any woman for a LOT less than I'd sleep with the man!

• Brittta
    18 years ago

My DH and I jokingly play that game, too, Allison (or is it Alice? I always forget ;) hehe) He always tends to gravitate towards the long blonde hair types. I have short brunette hair.... hmmmmm.

I, on the otherhand, can't make an educated decision until the person in question has passed by me so I can get a full view of the situation ;)

• energy_rater_la
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Brittta,
    Years of people watching experience here.

Some rate a second glance, others rate the
    'give us a spin' (for full view).

There is still something about a construction
    site in the summer ....Sawdust & sweat...
    Now you know why I am in this line of work!
    Ok, it may have been a deciding factor in the
    beginning, but now I am hooked.
    Eye candy is just a bonus.

It was on my first construction job that I met
    my current & last boyfriend (also known as SO).
    He was the super on the job & I was the lowly laborer.

Chocolate math was right on my age I will be 44
    next month.
    I would like to think that age would not be the
    dividing line if a group of us were to ever meet.
    As the baby of the family I always had older
    friends, this held true for my younger years, but now
    my friends include all ages colors religons &
    lifestyles. Being the non conformist that I am
    this diversity is what makes life interesting.

• lisa6kids
    18 years ago

I was eating some fudge with lots of nuts in it as I was reading this posting. They handed it out at church yesterday for Mother's Day. I am a choc-o-holic but I do not do cheap chocolate. I only waste my calories on the real stuff. Trust me when I say, it was good!!!!!

• demifloyd
    18 years ago

Energy Rater, I've always thought that my diverse field of friends if what most enriches my life (outside of family). Like you, I have friends ranging from teenagers to nursing home residents, from all walks of life and lifestyles. It will be interesting to see them try to interact if they show up at my funeral--they'll wonder if they all knew the same person.

Wouldn't it be fun if we all showed up for a BAH reunion without name tags and tried to identify one another?

• Brittta
    18 years ago

I'd be easy. I'm the one with the short brown hair standing next to the guy checking out the gals with long blonde hair ;)

None of you are blondes, right? hehe

• housewitch
    18 years ago

Weeelllll, Brittta, I had waist length blonde hair until about 5 years ago, when I mommed it. I stopped bleaching it about the same time. However, I am NOT a redhead. It's caramel brown. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

• allison0704
    18 years ago

Energy! I'm SHOCKED you'd leave out old folks (older than 44) "if we were to meet!" I'm 44 now, but will be 45 on the 4th of July...I would hope this wouldn't leave me out! :(

I could be a blonde in three weeks, Britta, when I go back for my color...I mean, my cut!

• energy_rater_la
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oh Please I have clothes that are older than 44.
    I wouldn't leave anyone out!
    Maybe a couple of daves & paris' but
    NEVER you guys.

• allison0704
    18 years ago

One can never have too much chocolate!

• littledog
    16 years ago

"One can never have too much chocolate!"

Or birthdays. ;^)

You know what? The formula still works, only instead of showing your age now, it shows your age then. Just add three years if you've had your birthday, two years if you haven't.

• jaych
    9 years ago

Haha, nice post.
    Anyway, I love almost every chocolate those don't too sweet and no almond. And, if possible, I love eating more than 10 bars a week.