Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
itainteasy

Okay....help me find a product, please....

ItAintEasy
18 years ago

Is there such a thing as a 'smaller' stereo receiver? I'm familiar with your regular receiver; but they all seem to be, if not in height, the same depth and width. does anyone make a receiver that's narrower and isn't part of a 'mini' or 'midi' or whatever they call it system? you know, like a regular Yamaha receiver, but narrower, for instance.

I tried a quick question on this on the Electronics forum, but they seem to be arguing about nationalities or something.

Comments (10)

• Mizzou_KX
    18 years ago

How narrow do you want it? Is it just for stereo sound or you looking for a surround-sound receiver. Most of them are gonna be about the same width, it's kinda standard so they can fit the "standard" racks.

• ItAintEasy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

no....looking for just a regular stereo receiver, not surround sound, talk to martians, run your own home, has a cd, dvd, mp3, and cat washer all included. just a plain old stereo reciever (you know, receiver, tuner knob, amplifier built in, with outputs on the back)....a stereo receiver....

I'd like.....8 inches wide, maybe up to 12. most are 16-18 inches wide....

• Mizzou_KX
    18 years ago

Could you stand it on it's side? No really, I haven't seen any like that. Why do you need one this narrow?

• ItAintEasy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

cuz the other ones are too wide?

• Mizzou_KX
    18 years ago

...to wide for what???? The shelf???

• ItAintEasy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

sure; the shelf. I'd like one thats not full-size....but just a receiver; not all the dork junk that comes with those little mini-units or whatever they're called....

• kimmers71
    18 years ago

Like Mizzou said, they're a pretty standard size. You can find a DVD or VCR player in smaller widths but not a receiver to my knowledge.

• ItAintEasy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

*sigh*

that's what I was afraid of.

thanks for checking, though.

• allison0704
    18 years ago

Have you searched Crutchfield? They carry everything!

• clg7067
    18 years ago

I was looking for something small a few months back. I ended up buying a smallish system ($50) from Target that looks like a 7 inch cube plus speakers. It has radio and Cd player. I'm not an audiophile. I just want music to listen to while I'm cleaning the house and don't want it to take up valuable space or cost a fortune. Probably still not what you're looking for, but I think I understand your motivations.