Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can we get this done?

Posted by okwriter (My Page) on
Mon, May 9, 05 at 9:49

Can we get that one notorious thread gone by each posting a time or two? I was horrified to come back to work this morning and see it was still breathing. It's time for a bullet, a burial and "pass the Jack." Eh?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can we get this done?

I've posted on it already this morning...we'll crack the Jack soon.

o

Should I post the "Jack" picture on there?????? Or maybe the "Frog in the Gravy Pic". Yeah, they'll never know what hit 'em.

o

Just an FYI, they tried that on the Kithens forum and it resulted in a few people getting banned. There is a forum rule about posting to manipulate a thread.

o

I didn't say we had to just type one word or to maliciously keep bumping it. I just thought we could help Paris along ~ especially since the situation is resolved anyway.

o

We're no manipulating. We're continuing the conversation, although with a different twist. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o

It's not the first time a thread has veered from the original topic...

o

I'm willing to help out!

o

I agree... I post the rules because people have gotten in trouble before and will do so in the future. Gotta be cunning!

o

WOW... I've never officially been the last poster in a thread that reaches 100. *NOW* I can go outside and plant my flowers... have a great afternoon everyone!

o

While I share your opinions on that particular thread, I don't think that it is necessary or good to send it to an early grave. I remember when this came up on the kitchen forum I found it a bit offensive that a few members of the forum took it upon themselves to kill off a particular thread, as if the forum belonged to them. I think that the best thing to do with a thread that you find offensive is to simply ignore it. It will eventually scroll off to never never land where it won't bother anyone.

o

But, Britta, your last post "sounds" like it an invitation to Part Deux!

What kind of flowers are you planting today? I need to put some in planters but with puppy around, I'm afraid they'd come back up!

o

I read the whole thing from top to bottom, and couldn't tell you were manipulating it, heheheh You guys are good!

It was almost so intriguing that I even thought about starting part 3 ...

o

terricks... point taken :)

allison... I have no idea what I planted. Some purple, some yellow...red...stuff like that. Some that fit my shady area, some that are good for full sun. I tried to gage how tall they'd grow and plant them from the middle down to the outside of the planters with the droopy type ones on the outside edge. If you want specifics, you'll have to go over to the landscape forum... I pick my flowers like I pick my horses (if I were a betting woman ;). Pretty colors and pretty names.

And that, my friends, is the extent of my plant knowledge. But for some reason, they end up looking pretty darn good until mid-August when I get bored of keeping them watered all the time.

o

Rollie,
Don't eeeeeeeeeeeven think about it.
:-)

o

Come on Rollie!
I dare you.
LOL and running for cover!

o

The legend in her own mind will surely start another thread. No help from anyone is needed.........

o

Whew! Looks like we are (so far) safe from further battlefront reports from the city in France (not Nice). How long do you think we'll enjoy the ceasefire?

o

I give it another day or two before she starts another thread.

o

Ahhhhhhhhh, I think I'll go start one myself. But I'll blame it on Rollie.

o

Maybe make a post and ask if theres anything new going on........ and see where it ends up.

o
New Thread

Ya'll are kidding, right?!

o
Sorry....

...I spelled y'all wrong. Wouldn't want to be "judged!" ;)

o
you're forgiven

...least you didn't say you's guys. We'uns will let it pass, this time.

o

I spell it ya'll. I'm not sure there is a right or wrong for that... but I could be wrong...

o
spell check

It's y'all (abbreviation for you all) so the apostrophe would go between the two words. ie what's left of the "you" and "all".

No charge for that tidbit of information but I do accept donations.

o
Disney

Whatever. I like my rendition better.

(yawn)

If these boards get any slower, I'm going to go join Jason and greenbank in line at Space Mountain.

o
Save me a spot

yeah, save me a place in line. I'm gonna run get a beer first.

o

I use to spell it ya'll until recently then I looked it up in the dictionary.

o

The not-so-dumb used-to-be-blonde raises her head once again at Rita's comment. So, did Greenbank get his vacation pass, too?

o
never mind

Never mind, she answered her own question.

o
musical threads.

darcy, we play musical threads here. You almost have to read 'em all to keep up. Keeps the iVillage people confused.

It's even confusing to me and I kinda know what's going on.

o
Ya'll know who

No, he didn't get a vacation pass. But he covets one because he misses you-know-who. Or should I say "ya'll know who."

o

it's Y'ALL! ! ! ! Just for that I want you to write Y'ALL 1000 times on the black board BEFORE you go home today.

o

Riiiiiiight.

o

y'all,y'all,y'all,y'al,y'all,y'all,y'all,y'all,y'all,y'all,y'all,y'all ,y'all,y'all,y'all,y'all,y'all,y'all,y'all,y'all,y'all,y'all,y'all,y'a ll,y'all,y'all,y'all,y'all,y'all,y'all,y'all,y'all,
(c'mon now, you don't really mean this, right?)y'all,y'all,y'all,y'all,y'all,y'all,y'all,y'all,y'all,y'all,y'all,y'al l,y'all,y'all,y'all,

o

Did you see today's news? Paris Hilton says she's going to marry some guy whose name is also Paris. She said she wants to name her first child "Jason".

o

Who CARES!!!!!!??????????? Y'all don't, do you!?

You're right, I like spelling it the wrong way too, so from here on out it's "ya'll"!!!

G.R.I.T.S.!! Allison

o

Huh? Greenbank got sent to Disney too? For what?

o

No, he didn't. He's posted on another thread tonight.

o

Aha! It's Houseful who's the blonde, not me after all.

o

The news of my teacups has been greatly exagerated.

o

To hijack back to the topic momentarily...

All I can say is Tupperware and Pampered Chef.

o

Is this guy's first name Paris or last name Paris? That'd be cool Paris Hilton-Paris.

o

It's his first name, I believe. And Nancy? Call ME the blonde one this morning, but how does Tupperware and Pampered Chef get it back to the topic?? I fail to see the connection! :)

Only had one cup of coffee, though, so that could be it. Even though I almost spit it out when greenbanks said "news of his teacups"...too funny.

o

Brittta, ....better be careful with the caffeine. It can make you post weird messages sometimes. I'm on my second cup.

FWIW, the tupperware/pampered chef thing blew right past me too.

o

Tupperware and Pampered Chef? Hmmmmmm. Maybe we're all invited to a party! YIPPEE! Will there be games and free prizes? Will we be forced to order stuff or is it all going to be free? Will we be coerced into hosting our own party? Is this a clue that perhaps Paris sells home cookware items? Or maybe we should boil/bake her?

Tupperware and Pampered Chef? I'm in the "I don't get it" camp.

o

Nancy's bio states "I am a substance abuse/mental health counselor." Maybe she inhaled!

o

Ohhhhhhhhhhh. I read the whole thread again. NOW I get it. ROFLMAO !!!!!

o

I still don't get it, although it could explain that French business woman's possible careers like Rita said!

o

I don't really get it either. Just wanted to see if anyone would take the bait. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o

I don't understand.

o

I'd take a lingerie party over a Tupperware any day, or night for that matter.

o

Ok moving/thinking slow today.
Took best friend, 17 year old neice,
niece in law (??) & friend out to
concert last night. Late nite, ears/head
still ringing, even after morning coffee.
Help me out. Please.
Where is the thread you are all talking about?
direct link would be nice, but forum name will work.
Thanks.

o

Does someone know that it is Tupperware? Not Mary-Kay? Here I've been thinking "pink Cadillac".

o

Can we backspace to the Tupperware" reference and start this thread over from that point. I'm am TOTALLY clueless here. And where did Mary-Kay fit in? Have I had too many Malted Milk Balls today?

o

Good gosh, you people have been into the Jack and it's only Wednesday!

Notice I said you people instead of ya'll? If I can't do it the wrong way - which is the right way to me - then I won't do it at all. So there!

okwriter (who is still pouting about that spelling lesson yesterday)

o

Why can't men have stuff like Tupperware and Mary-Kay parties? It's not fair.

I can think of several - like "Expensive Power Tool Party", "Lamborghini Party", "Bass-Pro Shop Party", "Super High-end Electronics Party". The host could demo furniture making, high speed passes on the Auto-bahn, making the perfect cast for that big bass lying in the weeds, super-sizing your sound system.

Then we could all sit around, tell stories, drink beer, smoke cigars and try to think of a way to break the news that we spent $89K tonight over at Bob's house.

o

Well, since she said she only has to work 7 hours per week (tempted as I was to ask her if that was total, or for each conglomerate, I did not), I think you're on the right track, but I'm gonna say Avon in place of Mary-Kay.

o

Actually, Mizzou, that's a pretty good idea...

okwriter (who is now busy figuring out how to start a pyramid scheme disguised as a Guy Stuff in-home party franchise)

o
That's my idea

HEY, That was my idea.

Oh, and if the "poster in question" only worked 7 hours a week she/he's probably a senator or representative. Or maybe a pr............. well never mind ........... bout the same as a senator or representative.

o

par3 got it. I fell asleep last night while reading the second thread and woke up with the solution of what two businesses could take 7 hours a week and fit the profile. I agree Mary-Kay or Avon is more like it, though.

I was being catty.

Mizzou, you really had me thinking I was clever for a while, but, no, I see I was just being obtuse. I often have that problem in real life, too. I am giggling away and no one understands why....and I do it without even inhaling, too.

o

I missed those threads. Could you guys start one back up for me?

o

I'm still trying to figure out which "threads" they're talking about?!

o

oh good grief Rita, The "hanging" threads.

o

Does anyone else besides me feel like this particular thread resembles an Abbott & Costello skit perfectly??

Who's on first.....

o

Mizzou is on second.
And our dear friend Jason left us for a big-eared mouse. We miss ya, good buddy.

o

Okay, first off, Nancy's FIRST post on this thread was:

"To hijack back to the topic momentarily...
All I can say is Tupperware and Pampered Chef."

I don't see how this gets 'back to the topic' of "Can we get this done?" Maybe she belongs to a Tupperware/Pampered Chef cult. You know, like "if I say it, they will book a party?!" Personally, I like Rubbermaid products better than Tupperware. I spent WAY to much at the last Pampered Chef party I attend and I wasn't drunk/don't even like to cook!...SEE it IS a cult - they suck you in and you buy stuff you DO NOT NEED!

What thread are ya'll talking about "seven hour work week?"

P.S. I only work at our office 4 hours a week! :)

o

Oh man, am I gonna have to spell it out ...... AGAIN? I FINALLY got it. Surely the rest of you are not dumber than I am. Let's hope not.

Nancy was getting back to the "ORIGINAL TOPIC" of which this thread is all about. So she really is talking about getting back to the first topic, not this topic. Back to the original (REAL) threads #1 and #2 which we laid to rest a few days ago. GET IT????

o
and BTW

... oh and by the way.... I hope you all (which could be shortened to y'all) figure this out pretty soon cause I'm almost to the bottom of the Whopper box and I don't think I can splain it any better without naming names. Darn!!!

o

OK. Let me get this straight. P*ris only works 7 hours/week and you people (again, I said "you people" rather than "ya'll") suspect she sells Tupperware or Mary Kay? Gee, what a waste of all that legal talent.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

okwriter (who will probably be working for CSI next...)

o

Okay, so Nancy's going back to Paris's original threads...but what does THAT have to do with Tupperware and Pampered Chef?!

o

My guess is that it's Amway....

'drink the Koolaid child....'

o

I just want ya'll/y'all/you people to know that I got it on my own. 2 points for me.

o
who did this?

Who started this stupid thread in the first place.
. .
. .
. .
. scrolling back up to the top.
. .
. .
. .
ohhhhhhhhhhh..... that explains it.

o

Oh, admit it, Mizzou. You were tired of hearing the spoiled brat whine, too!!!

o

I give up... If someone doesn't spell it out here, just email me. I would really like to know what ya'll are talking about! :(

I bet if greenbank were here, he'd explain it to me!

o

Are we talking about a foreign city at this point, malted milk balls, or about Amway? What are you trying to figure out, Allison?

o

I think Nancy was trying to bump THIS thread along using more than one word!

o

I'm talking about Tupperware and Pampered Chef, IAE. But Nancy is helping me out!

lol, houseful!

o

Now you got me! What does IAE mean?

o

LOL...IAE = "ItAintEasy" poster name above my post!

o

Wow. When I posted on this site a couple years ago when I was building, things were, er.....a little faster.

Any of you want to buy some land I've got for sale? It's a really good deal; but you have to hurry! It'll go fast....

o

OK Allison, has the light come on yet? Or do you need us to draw you a map? You just gotta learn to keep up.

It's the new improved posting style that intertwines several different threads into one big one. That way you don't have to really know what's going on, you just pick a thread, post ...well....whatever and then it goes from there. It's kind of like reading Shakespeare or Homer. You kinda think you know what's going on but then it gets so darn confusing that you don't care. Then you go get a beer. After a beer or twelve it all starts making perfect sense.

o
Okay....

.... that has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard...I was over analyzing. I guess the problem is I don't drink. Maybe I should start!

o
Oh, that makes sense....

Hmmmm.....I see what you're saying. I've had three glasses of wine and it's all starting to make sense. Sort of like international financing and brain surgery. Yep....it's all becoming clearer *sip*

Hmmmm....speaking of beginning brain surgery, where's the cat hiding?

o
Cats???

Whaaaaaaaaat?. How'd a cat get thrown in to this mix. We don't do CATS here. You want to talk about cats you gotta go to the decorating or kitchen forums. We practice zero-tolerance on cats. Dogs are fine. And chickens.

o

Darcy, as one who "got it", be honest and let me know if it was stupid, a groaner, a chuckle, a laugh, a belly laugh, or a ROTFLMAO. Don't spare me.

DH says that with all these people going to Disney, the sane among us should quit this Mickey Mouse operation and move to Blogger. Then you can say what you want without worry. It is free, no policeman. But also no topics to monitor or to start conversations with. But it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a place on blogspot.com or somewhere where these conversations could take place with the full contingent of comrades, those at Disney or not. It would give the Mickey Mouse Club folks a place to go if they had not developed e-mail relationships with THS people before they got their tickets punched.

BTW, DH says that I meant "arcane," not "obtuse". It is another one of my many malapropisms. He shakes his head at me sometimes, but he'd miss my crazy communication if I were gone!

o

Oh, that is SO not going to go over well in a few minutes when the others get here, Mizzou.

o
RE: Sniff sniff......

I miss the chickens, Mizzou. Got that old picture somewhere? The big one?

o
What?

What, you mean Shakespeare and Homer?????

o

OMG Allison is trying to resurrect the Hung up in My Face Thread from the dead! I think the guy deserves a medal for not hanging up the first time he spoke to her. Or wait, maybe it was his first time........... I want to hang up on that thread for good!

o

Yeah Mizzou....I want to see the picture too.

o

I wondered who would catch that, Margerie. What can I say, Mizzou ticked me off. Only thing to do so I wouldn't be riding teacups...h*ll hath no fury, ya know!

o

Actually, Nancy, it didn't strike me funny but that's because I was (oh boy... here comes another secret to show you how pathetic I can be at times) actually laying in bed the other night and thinking about what she could be in charge of, if it were really true. That's what I was thinking, too. I think Allison's problem is that she doesn't lay in bed at night thinking about these things. :)

o
one more thing

And by the way, NO KNOCKING CATS ALLOWED. I'm sure there's a rule somewhere about that infraction and a free ticket to Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

o

Let's ask Fairegold! Fairegold knows all the rules :)

o

SM6, thanks GOODNESS I don't lay in bed at night thinking about these things!

o

You talkin' bout this picture?????

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o

The only possible answer for why this man would own this chicken is he's The Colonel from KFC! (It's kinda cute!)

o
Yes!

Stick a fork in it...it's done!

o

We are such a bunch of comedians! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here