Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
okwriter

Can we get this done?

okwriter
18 years ago

Can we get that one notorious thread gone by each posting a time or two? I was horrified to come back to work this morning and see it was still breathing. It's time for a bullet, a burial and "pass the Jack." Eh?

Comments (101)

• rollie
    18 years ago

I'd take a lingerie party over a Tupperware any day, or night for that matter.

• energy_rater_la
    18 years ago

Ok moving/thinking slow today.
    Took best friend, 17 year old neice,
    niece in law (??) & friend out to
    concert last night. Late nite, ears/head
    still ringing, even after morning coffee.
    Help me out. Please.
    Where is the thread you are all talking about?
    direct link would be nice, but forum name will work.
    Thanks.

• chisue
    18 years ago

Does someone know that it is Tupperware? Not Mary-Kay? Here I've been thinking "pink Cadillac".

• Mizzou_KX
    18 years ago

Can we backspace to the Tupperware" reference and start this thread over from that point. I'm am TOTALLY clueless here. And where did Mary-Kay fit in? Have I had too many Malted Milk Balls today?

• okwriter
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Good gosh, you people have been into the Jack and it's only Wednesday!

Notice I said you people instead of ya'll? If I can't do it the wrong way - which is the right way to me - then I won't do it at all. So there!

okwriter (who is still pouting about that spelling lesson yesterday)

• Mizzou_KX
    18 years ago

Why can't men have stuff like Tupperware and Mary-Kay parties? It's not fair.

I can think of several - like "Expensive Power Tool Party", "Lamborghini Party", "Bass-Pro Shop Party", "Super High-end Electronics Party". The host could demo furniture making, high speed passes on the Auto-bahn, making the perfect cast for that big bass lying in the weeds, super-sizing your sound system.

Then we could all sit around, tell stories, drink beer, smoke cigars and try to think of a way to break the news that we spent $89K tonight over at Bob's house.

• lettersatoz
    18 years ago

Well, since she said she only has to work 7 hours per week (tempted as I was to ask her if that was total, or for each conglomerate, I did not), I think you're on the right track, but I'm gonna say Avon in place of Mary-Kay.

• okwriter
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Actually, Mizzou, that's a pretty good idea...

okwriter (who is now busy figuring out how to start a pyramid scheme disguised as a Guy Stuff in-home party franchise)

• Mizzou_KX
    18 years ago

HEY, That was my idea.

Oh, and if the "poster in question" only worked 7 hours a week she/he's probably a senator or representative. Or maybe a pr............. well never mind ........... bout the same as a senator or representative.

• Nancy in Mich
    18 years ago

par3 got it. I fell asleep last night while reading the second thread and woke up with the solution of what two businesses could take 7 hours a week and fit the profile. I agree Mary-Kay or Avon is more like it, though.

I was being catty.

Mizzou, you really had me thinking I was clever for a while, but, no, I see I was just being obtuse. I often have that problem in real life, too. I am giggling away and no one understands why....and I do it without even inhaling, too.

• ItAintEasy
    18 years ago

I missed those threads. Could you guys start one back up for me?

• okwriter
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I'm still trying to figure out which "threads" they're talking about?!

• Mizzou_KX
    18 years ago

oh good grief Rita, The "hanging" threads.

• Brittta
    18 years ago

Does anyone else besides me feel like this particular thread resembles an Abbott & Costello skit perfectly??

Who's on first.....

• okwriter
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Mizzou is on second.
    And our dear friend Jason left us for a big-eared mouse. We miss ya, good buddy.

• allison0704
    18 years ago

Okay, first off, Nancy's FIRST post on this thread was:

"To hijack back to the topic momentarily...
    All I can say is Tupperware and Pampered Chef."

I don't see how this gets 'back to the topic' of "Can we get this done?" Maybe she belongs to a Tupperware/Pampered Chef cult. You know, like "if I say it, they will book a party?!" Personally, I like Rubbermaid products better than Tupperware. I spent WAY to much at the last Pampered Chef party I attend and I wasn't drunk/don't even like to cook!...SEE it IS a cult - they suck you in and you buy stuff you DO NOT NEED!

What thread are ya'll talking about "seven hour work week?"

P.S. I only work at our office 4 hours a week! :)

• Mizzou_KX
    18 years ago

Oh man, am I gonna have to spell it out ...... AGAIN? I FINALLY got it. Surely the rest of you are not dumber than I am. Let's hope not.

Nancy was getting back to the "ORIGINAL TOPIC" of which this thread is all about. So she really is talking about getting back to the first topic, not this topic. Back to the original (REAL) threads #1 and #2 which we laid to rest a few days ago. GET IT????

• Mizzou_KX
    18 years ago

... oh and by the way.... I hope you all (which could be shortened to y'all) figure this out pretty soon cause I'm almost to the bottom of the Whopper box and I don't think I can splain it any better without naming names. Darn!!!

• okwriter
    Original Author
    18 years ago

OK. Let me get this straight. P*ris only works 7 hours/week and you people (again, I said "you people" rather than "ya'll") suspect she sells Tupperware or Mary Kay? Gee, what a waste of all that legal talent.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

okwriter (who will probably be working for CSI next...)

• allison0704
    18 years ago

Okay, so Nancy's going back to Paris's original threads...but what does THAT have to do with Tupperware and Pampered Chef?!

• ItAintEasy
    18 years ago

My guess is that it's Amway....

'drink the Koolaid child....'

• sarahmakes6
    18 years ago

I just want ya'll/y'all/you people to know that I got it on my own. 2 points for me.

• Mizzou_KX
    18 years ago

Who started this stupid thread in the first place.
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . scrolling back up to the top.
    . .
    . .
    . .
    ohhhhhhhhhhh..... that explains it.

• okwriter
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oh, admit it, Mizzou. You were tired of hearing the spoiled brat whine, too!!!

• allison0704
    18 years ago

I give up... If someone doesn't spell it out here, just email me. I would really like to know what ya'll are talking about! :(

I bet if greenbank were here, he'd explain it to me!

• ItAintEasy
    18 years ago

Are we talking about a foreign city at this point, malted milk balls, or about Amway? What are you trying to figure out, Allison?

• houseful
    18 years ago

I think Nancy was trying to bump THIS thread along using more than one word!

• allison0704
    18 years ago

I'm talking about Tupperware and Pampered Chef, IAE. But Nancy is helping me out!

lol, houseful!

• houseful
    18 years ago

Now you got me! What does IAE mean?

• allison0704
    18 years ago

LOL...IAE = "ItAintEasy" poster name above my post!

• ItAintEasy
    18 years ago

Wow. When I posted on this site a couple years ago when I was building, things were, er.....a little faster.

Any of you want to buy some land I've got for sale? It's a really good deal; but you have to hurry! It'll go fast....

• Mizzou_KX
    18 years ago

OK Allison, has the light come on yet? Or do you need us to draw you a map? You just gotta learn to keep up.

It's the new improved posting style that intertwines several different threads into one big one. That way you don't have to really know what's going on, you just pick a thread, post ...well....whatever and then it goes from there. It's kind of like reading Shakespeare or Homer. You kinda think you know what's going on but then it gets so darn confusing that you don't care. Then you go get a beer. After a beer or twelve it all starts making perfect sense.

• allison0704
    18 years ago

.... that has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard...I was over analyzing. I guess the problem is I don't drink. Maybe I should start!

• ItAintEasy
    18 years ago

Hmmmm.....I see what you're saying. I've had three glasses of wine and it's all starting to make sense. Sort of like international financing and brain surgery. Yep....it's all becoming clearer *sip*

Hmmmm....speaking of beginning brain surgery, where's the cat hiding?

• Mizzou_KX
    18 years ago

Whaaaaaaaaat?. How'd a cat get thrown in to this mix. We don't do CATS here. You want to talk about cats you gotta go to the decorating or kitchen forums. We practice zero-tolerance on cats. Dogs are fine. And chickens.

• Nancy in Mich
    18 years ago

Darcy, as one who "got it", be honest and let me know if it was stupid, a groaner, a chuckle, a laugh, a belly laugh, or a ROTFLMAO. Don't spare me.

DH says that with all these people going to Disney, the sane among us should quit this Mickey Mouse operation and move to Blogger. Then you can say what you want without worry. It is free, no policeman. But also no topics to monitor or to start conversations with. But it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a place on blogspot.com or somewhere where these conversations could take place with the full contingent of comrades, those at Disney or not. It would give the Mickey Mouse Club folks a place to go if they had not developed e-mail relationships with THS people before they got their tickets punched.

BTW, DH says that I meant "arcane," not "obtuse". It is another one of my many malapropisms. He shakes his head at me sometimes, but he'd miss my crazy communication if I were gone!

• Brittta
    18 years ago

Oh, that is SO not going to go over well in a few minutes when the others get here, Mizzou.

• Nancy in Mich
    18 years ago

I miss the chickens, Mizzou. Got that old picture somewhere? The big one?

• Mizzou_KX
    18 years ago

What, you mean Shakespeare and Homer?????

• Margerie
    18 years ago

OMG Allison is trying to resurrect the Hung up in My Face Thread from the dead! I think the guy deserves a medal for not hanging up the first time he spoke to her. Or wait, maybe it was his first time........... I want to hang up on that thread for good!

• ItAintEasy
    18 years ago

Yeah Mizzou....I want to see the picture too.

• allison0704
    18 years ago

I wondered who would catch that, Margerie. What can I say, Mizzou ticked me off. Only thing to do so I wouldn't be riding teacups...h*ll hath no fury, ya know!

• sarahmakes6
    18 years ago

Actually, Nancy, it didn't strike me funny but that's because I was (oh boy... here comes another secret to show you how pathetic I can be at times) actually laying in bed the other night and thinking about what she could be in charge of, if it were really true. That's what I was thinking, too. I think Allison's problem is that she doesn't lay in bed at night thinking about these things. :)

• sarahmakes6
    18 years ago

And by the way, NO KNOCKING CATS ALLOWED. I'm sure there's a rule somewhere about that infraction and a free ticket to Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

• Brittta
    18 years ago

Let's ask Fairegold! Fairegold knows all the rules :)

• allison0704
    18 years ago

SM6, thanks GOODNESS I don't lay in bed at night thinking about these things!

• Mizzou_KX
    18 years ago

You talkin' bout this picture?????

{{gwi:1395815}}

• allison0704
    18 years ago

The only possible answer for why this man would own this chicken is he's The Colonel from KFC! (It's kinda cute!)

• allison0704
    18 years ago

Stick a fork in it...it's done!

• allison0704
    17 years ago

We are such a bunch of comedians! :)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz