Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My idea of heaven...

Posted by okwriter (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 29, 05 at 16:23

Now THIS is my idea of heaven.
160 acres ~ and 130 of it is a lake!!!
:-)

(If you follow the link listed on eBay, there are some VERY bizarre photo choices...yes?)

Here is a link that might be useful: Property on eBay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My idea of heaven...

WOW!!!! You get your own private dam. Cool!!!!!! I always wanted to own a dam. Wonder if they used decorative concrete or just the regular gray stuff.

o

Probably granite. Remember that Jason guy who used to hang around here???? :-) He would have a fit!

o

So...what are your liabilities if your private dam fails? Hm.

o
The Corps did it

You just blame the contractor, The Corps of Engineers. Wonder if any subs uhhhhhhh..........you know what .............. on the dam.

o

I can see the title of that thread now.... "If it's not one dam thing, it's another...."

sorry.

o

Oh, that is sooooooo bad!!!!

HEY! I know! Let's call that bahrr #35.

o

Rita,

Can't believe you of all people (course I've been paid to edit too [fools!]) you didn't zero in on all of the "errors" in that post. Makes something "smell" to me...and I'm the Optimist!!!

(Excuse me...I'm about to go out of my mind with my Mom living here and my a$$hole Brother visiting for a month ~ Where IS THAT BLUFF I can jump off of....;(>

Butt then, maybe I've just been thrown over the edge!

TNNotEnoughJackOrCalgonInTheWorldLady (WAHHHHHHH!!!!!)

o

Are they really trying to sell this place? Maybe with the pictures they have chosen they are going for bottom dollar rather than top dollar. There are several pictures of a dirt road and rusty gate, a close up of a paw print, numerous pictures of dreary leafless trees in the rather gray lake. Then come the interior shots, featuring a bed with a yellowed and stained mattress, a bedroom with a homemade bed and lovely galvanized metal walls, some sort of cave like living room, an out of focus bedroom picture featuring a box fan, a bathroom counter accented with wire hangers and a box of cornstarch, perhaps the lovliest bathroom I've ever seen with an artfully askew shower curtain, a large cooler with boxes of night crawlers nestled amongst cheap champagne, and several pictures of random walls. When can I move in?!

o

yeh, but you get your own DAM. Just think, large gathering of friends, bar-b-que, beer, boiled shrimp and all the goodies and someone mentions the dam. You just smugly comment "Oh, the dam? Yep, that's mine too".

o

I thought the same thing, terriks...but bit my tongue. A large private lake would be great - if it didn't look like a flood plain after a thunderstorm came through.

Don't understand what's so great about owning a dam either, what if the damn thing springs a leak? Even worse, burst...flooding the entire village killing all the cows, washing away the poor farmers fields, stranding folks up on their rooftops! Any survivors would be running okwriter OUT of town and he'd have to post "my neighbors don't like me" thread. Poor, ok...

o

I thought all the drowned trees was pretty awful, too. Maybe bass fishermen get all oogly with the site of so much "cover".

The thing that would put me off would be the idea that I had to host the damn governor every year on his holiday. I can just see refusing him entry, a state commission would be all over you for "improper maintenece of an intrastate waterway" or "illegal damming of a natural stream course" or something.

o

And isn't all that beautiful hunting-lodge decor inside a big red POLE BARN? It looks like he just added stuff as he could afford it (terricks favorite bathroom) or found it at a restaurant fixtures salvage store (the store cooler and the cookstove). And that bathroom counter with the cornstarch is IN the bedroom, isn't it? Don't I see the mural in the mirror? And there is no heat, as evidenced by all the electric space heat radiators plugged into those wierdly high outlets. So building codes do not apply to hunting lodges that share a pole barn with recreational vehicles? Check out the lack of spindles on that stairway railing.

She shudders. It is the kind of hunting lodge my dad and stepmom would have pieced together if they'd ever had the idea. A thing of nightmares. If this is how it looks when it is being readied for a real estate listing, I am glad I never saw it messy.

o

I guess they can get around all those pesky "code issues" since they have the high class Governor's retreat there. It's all in who you know...

o

Am I looking at this correctly? The 4000 sq ft house is actually the pole barn???

It looks like flood area to me. Looks like pictures were taken after a terrential down pour.

Nice shower stall! Surprised it's still standing.

o

Well, that's really something!

o

"Bless their hearts."

o

"That's niiiccceeee" ;)

o

I thought maybe the house was under the lake...

o

That one? No.
Not that one either.
I'm positive not THAT one.
Ummmmmmm, I vote "no" on that one.

. .
. .
. .
. .

okwriter (counting the posters who won't be invited to fish at her new lake)

o

What is a pole barn?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here