Houzz Logo Print
okwriter

My idea of heaven...

okwriter
18 years ago

Now THIS is my idea of heaven.

160 acres ~ and 130 of it is a lake!!!

:-)

(If you follow the link listed on eBay, there are some VERY bizarre photo choices...yes?)

Here is a link that might be useful: Property on eBay

Comments (20)

• Mizzou_KX
    18 years ago

WOW!!!! You get your own private dam. Cool!!!!!! I always wanted to own a dam. Wonder if they used decorative concrete or just the regular gray stuff.

• okwriter
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Probably granite. Remember that Jason guy who used to hang around here???? :-) He would have a fit!

• greenbank
    18 years ago

So...what are your liabilities if your private dam fails? Hm.

• Mizzou_KX
    18 years ago

You just blame the contractor, The Corps of Engineers. Wonder if any subs uhhhhhhh..........you know what .............. on the dam.

• Brittta
    18 years ago

I can see the title of that thread now.... "If it's not one dam thing, it's another...."

sorry.

• okwriter
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oh, that is sooooooo bad!!!!

HEY! I know! Let's call that bahrr #35.

• tnlady
    18 years ago

Rita,

Can't believe you of all people (course I've been paid to edit too [fools!]) you didn't zero in on all of the "errors" in that post. Makes something "smell" to me...and I'm the Optimist!!!

(Excuse me...I'm about to go out of my mind with my Mom living here and my a$$hole Brother visiting for a month ~ Where IS THAT BLUFF I can jump off of....;(>

Butt then, maybe I've just been thrown over the edge!

TNNotEnoughJackOrCalgonInTheWorldLady (WAHHHHHHH!!!!!)

• terezosa / terriks
    18 years ago

Are they really trying to sell this place? Maybe with the pictures they have chosen they are going for bottom dollar rather than top dollar. There are several pictures of a dirt road and rusty gate, a close up of a paw print, numerous pictures of dreary leafless trees in the rather gray lake. Then come the interior shots, featuring a bed with a yellowed and stained mattress, a bedroom with a homemade bed and lovely galvanized metal walls, some sort of cave like living room, an out of focus bedroom picture featuring a box fan, a bathroom counter accented with wire hangers and a box of cornstarch, perhaps the lovliest bathroom I've ever seen with an artfully askew shower curtain, a large cooler with boxes of night crawlers nestled amongst cheap champagne, and several pictures of random walls. When can I move in?!

• Mizzou_KX
    18 years ago

yeh, but you get your own DAM. Just think, large gathering of friends, bar-b-que, beer, boiled shrimp and all the goodies and someone mentions the dam. You just smugly comment "Oh, the dam? Yep, that's mine too".

• allison0704
    18 years ago

I thought the same thing, terriks...but bit my tongue. A large private lake would be great - if it didn't look like a flood plain after a thunderstorm came through.

Don't understand what's so great about owning a dam either, what if the damn thing springs a leak? Even worse, burst...flooding the entire village killing all the cows, washing away the poor farmers fields, stranding folks up on their rooftops! Any survivors would be running okwriter OUT of town and he'd have to post "my neighbors don't like me" thread. Poor, ok...

• greenbank
    18 years ago

I thought all the drowned trees was pretty awful, too. Maybe bass fishermen get all oogly with the site of so much "cover".

The thing that would put me off would be the idea that I had to host the damn governor every year on his holiday. I can just see refusing him entry, a state commission would be all over you for "improper maintenece of an intrastate waterway" or "illegal damming of a natural stream course" or something.

• Nancy in Mich
    18 years ago

And isn't all that beautiful hunting-lodge decor inside a big red POLE BARN? It looks like he just added stuff as he could afford it (terricks favorite bathroom) or found it at a restaurant fixtures salvage store (the store cooler and the cookstove). And that bathroom counter with the cornstarch is IN the bedroom, isn't it? Don't I see the mural in the mirror? And there is no heat, as evidenced by all the electric space heat radiators plugged into those wierdly high outlets. So building codes do not apply to hunting lodges that share a pole barn with recreational vehicles? Check out the lack of spindles on that stairway railing.

She shudders. It is the kind of hunting lodge my dad and stepmom would have pieced together if they'd ever had the idea. A thing of nightmares. If this is how it looks when it is being readied for a real estate listing, I am glad I never saw it messy.

• Brittta
    18 years ago

I guess they can get around all those pesky "code issues" since they have the high class Governor's retreat there. It's all in who you know...

• kimmers71
    18 years ago

Am I looking at this correctly? The 4000 sq ft house is actually the pole barn???

It looks like flood area to me. Looks like pictures were taken after a terrential down pour.

Nice shower stall! Surprised it's still standing.

• housewitch
    18 years ago

Well, that's really something!

• allison0704
    18 years ago

"Bless their hearts."

• Brittta
    18 years ago

"That's niiiccceeee" ;)

• nycefarm_gw
    18 years ago

I thought maybe the house was under the lake...

• okwriter
    Original Author
    18 years ago

That one? No.
    Not that one either.
    I'm positive not THAT one.
    Ummmmmmm, I vote "no" on that one.

. .
    . .
    . .
    . .

okwriter (counting the posters who won't be invited to fish at her new lake)

• allison0704
    18 years ago

What is a pole barn?