Return to the Beverages Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Warm alcoholic drinks with no coffee

Posted by whispery (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 10, 01 at 0:32

I'm looking for ideas of warm alcoholic drinks not made with coffee. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Warm alcoholic drinks with no coffee

Hot Buttered Rum

1 Lemon Twist
1 Stick of Cinnamon
1 Clove
Boiling Cider
2 oz. Rum*
Pat of Butter**

In a mug or pewter tankard, add spices and rum. Fill with cider & float Butter in top.
Notes from Marlen:
There are versions out there using vanilla ice cream but I prefer it this way.
*I prefer dark rum but either will do
**NEVER margarine!!
This one is good and easy to make in a crockpot!

Mulled Wine

2 bottles dry red wine, like Cabernet Sauvignon
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup water
1 square (8 inches) double-thickness cheesecloth
Peel of 1 orange
1 cinnamon stick, broken into halves
8 whole cloves
1 whole nutmeg
Orange slices, optional

Combine wine, corn syrup, and water in slow cooker. Rinse cheesecloth; squeeze out water. Wrap orange peel, cinnamon stick halves, cloves, and nutmeg in cheesecloth. Tie securely with cotton string or strip of cheesecloth. Add to slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 2 to 2.5 hours. Discard spice bag; ladle into glasses. Garnish with orange slices, if desired.

o

cinnamon tea with Hot Damn(I believe it is a cinnamon snopts) or you could also make the tea and put tequilla in it.

o

my two favorites are a Peppermint patty, which is just hot chocolate and peppermint schnapps with a candycane stuck in, whipped cream and shaved chocolate on top, and a version of hot buttered rum thusly made:
Mix in a bowl 1 stick butter, 1 cup dark bown sugar, 1t each nutmeg, cardamom and ground cloves, 1.5t cinnamon. Mix well and refrigerate. Boil a mug of water and pour off enough to add a tablespoon of the butter mix and a tot of good rum.
The rum makes a lot of difference, so don't use the cheap stuff.

o

Hot toddy....
scant teaspoon sugar in a double old fashioned glass, dash of Angastora bitters ( optional) generous wedge of lemon, cinnamon stick, shot of bourbon and fill with hot water.
Squeeze the lemon if you wish.
There is also tom and Jerry....but I don't know how to make them......just know eggs, sugar milk and booze of some sort! LOL!
Linda C

o

Here's a couple more...

Eggnog Latte

1 tablespoon General Foods International Coffees, any flavor
1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 cup eggnog
Ground nutmeg (optional)

Place instant coffee in cup or mug. Slowly pour boiling water over coffee while stirring. Stir in eggnog, heated until hot. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Serve at once. Makes 1 serving.

Hot Buttered Cow
1 lb Brown sugar
1/4 lb Soft butter
1/2 ts Vanilla
1/2 ts Cinnamon
1/4 ts Nutmeg
1/4 ts Cloves
1/4 ts Mace
1/4 ts Allspice
1 pinch Salt
Optional: for each serving add to mug: 1 1/2 ounces dark rum and 1/2 ounce gold or white rum

Beat sugar and butter together until thoroughly creamed and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and spices. Chill.
For each cup to be served, place 1+1/2 teaspoons batter in a preheated mug (add rum if desired) Stir well. Fill with hot milk and serve.

o

Hot Chocolate and butterscotch snapps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here