Return to the Beverages Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Home Brew Beer

Posted by pepper_rancher (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 7, 07 at 23:58

Hello!
Does anyone here home brew their own beer?
I ordered the Mr. Beer home brew kit (to get me started), I was wondering if there is anyone here with some experiences?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Home Brew Beer

I do it the easy way----buy the beer making kits. It's cheap and easy and is very good. There are many kits to chose from, so you can always find one to fit your tastes. The only thing I started doing different was to stop using corn sugar and went to wheat instead. The wheat gives a smooth, polished finish that corn sugar can't produce.

o
RE: Home Brew Beer

Wow! This is a lonely old post. Hopefully by now we have some homebrewers in the crowd.

Some friends and I got into homebrewing a few years ago and brew every chance we get. I never tried any of the kits though.

We built our own systems complete with laser cut home made jet burners and stands, copper coil wort chillers, cooler mash tuns, and modified 1/2 barrel cookpots.

My most recent addition was a 20 gal. conical fermenter. I'll never go back to carboys.

Memorial Day weekend we brewed a combined 100 gallons in my back yard.

I'm always up for homebrew stories!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here