Return to the Beverages Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Root Beer

Posted by
michelle489236
(michelle489236@nospam.com) on
Sat, Nov 10, 01 at 17:11

My husband loves Root Beer. In fact, a few years ago when it was on sale he bought 75 cases and now we have Root Beer that expired in 1999 in storage. Is this still drinkable?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Root Beer

Yes, I hope it is bottles vs cans, though. My son collected coke cans for a while and some...the coke actually ate through the can and they leaked. What a mess that can be.

o

I love root beer as well, but I don't know if I would buy 75 cases..LOL. What brand did he buy that he loves so much? I like A&W and Hires. Whether this is still good will depend on where it was stored. If it was in bottles, out of direct sunshine and in a cool area, it is probably still good.

o

Hope it is in cans...glass bottles don't hold their seal forever...if its in glass it may be flat!
Good Luck
~Morgan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here