Return to the Beverages Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking For Mulled Cider

Posted by aka_raeanne (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 15, 07 at 14:46

Would anyone like to share their tried and true mulled cider recipe? I am planning on serving it from a crock pot. Thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking For Mulled Cider

Here's a mulled cider recipe that I have used for years-
(serves 16)
2 quarts apple cider
1 orange, sliced
1 lemon, sliced
4 cinnamon sticks
6 whole cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
Combine all in crockpot and heat for a couple of hours. Has a wonderful aroma! Garnish with orange and/or lemon slices and cinnamon sticks. Enjoy!

o

Thank you. That one sounds perfect and I can smell it already!

o

I gallon apple cider (apple juice will work but cider is a bit tastier)
one orange into which you have pushed 15 cloves (or you can throw in the cloves and orange, which can be whole or sliced)
3 or 4 cinnamon sticks (the spice, not the candy)

Heat in a large pan over low heat for about 30 minutes so that the flavors will blend. Do not boil. Taste it to see if the spices and orange have flavored it before you serve it--sometimes it takes a little more cooking. After about 90 minutes, I always remove the spices and orange as they will make the cider bitter if cooked too long.

This is good as is. Or you can put a shot of brandy, rum, or Irish whiskey in the bottom of your cup before adding the cider.

o

Sheila - thanks for posting that recipe. I actually made it as posted by bloominroses and it was delicious, however, I just quarterd the orange and put stuck them into the orange - I was afraid someone was going to drink one. I felt the cider was getting a little bitter, so I pulled the oranges and lemons out. But everyone loved it and there wasn't a drop left. Next time is with some whiskey LOL.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here