Return to the Beverages Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Homemade Cappuccino Mix

Posted by
Mary Gail
(marygailv@earthlink.net) on
Wed, Nov 15, 00 at 9:18

My teenage granddaughter has taken a liking to McDonald's vanilla flavored cappuccino (which one of my daughter's says tastes so awful she threw it away when she tried one!). My granddaughter's birthday is coming up and I thought it would be fun to give her a jar of homemade cappuccino mix. Does anyone have a recipe for something like this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Homemade Cappuccino Mix

Just click!

Here is a link that might be useful: Cappuccino Mix

o

I use the exact recipe that Marlen posted. It's wonderful! Matter of fact, I just today made the recipeX4, and filled 6 containers - ready for gift giving! (But I use 3 heaping teaspoons per cup.)

o

thanks Marlen. I can't wait to make this!

o

Hey girls, the cappuccino mix is really good. For a
change, use the french vanilla coffee creamer. I also
like mine over ice

o

umm... you know Cappuccino is simple to make at home the RIGHT way (without some stupid mix)!

1)just brew up a shot of espresso (or two) - I suppose regular coffe could be substituted for a weaker version

2)add some hot milk

3)add dolop of frothed milk

thats all there is too it!

btw, there shouldn't be any sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, or chocolate for an authentic cappuccino. - these can be added sparingly on top to taste.

o

you can check the receipe archive site they have several cappuccino mix receipes

o

I'm new to this site and I don't know how to check the archives.

o

I have bought Cappuccino Mix (Folgers has one out, as well as the Int'l Coffee one), and was disappointed to taste chocolate in both of them.

Whoever "somebody" is that posted above, is right. There's not suppose to be chocolate in Cappuccino, just a sprinkling of cocoa on top.

o

I am looking for a recipe for McDonald's french vanilla Cappuccino. Does anyone have a recipe for something like this?

o

I'm trying to figure out how to make something like Starbucks Frappuccino at home in good-sized quantities for parties. Adding espresso to a glass of milk doesn't cut it; it's much too thick, and when I tried nonfat milk it tasted awful. Anybody? BTW, the link to the recipe everyone's raving about here doesn't work.

o

Can you please post the Berkeley recipe as the link is broken?

o

I found this one, I haven't tried it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Best Cappuccino mix

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here