Return to the Beverages Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
christmas drink?!?!

Posted by pprabhu (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 27, 01 at 3:37

I'm thinking this year [to save myself some money that I dont really have], I'll make christmas fruit cake and some kind of wine/sangria/alcoholic drink .. that I could give to my friends. Does anyone know of an alcoholic wine-sangria-type of drink that I could present in mid-sized bottles that would last a few days?

I have seen good sangria recipes on this messageboard, but they all seem to be immediate prepare-and-serve type of recipes.

Also, wines require the whole fermenting thing and I'd rather not experiment with it right now since I need whatever I make to work!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: christmas drink?!?!

There area lot of home made alcoholic things to make....
Kaluha, Irish Cream....and various liquors.
Also you could make a bag of spices, pack it with an orange and include a split of red wine....with instructions to add the spices, juice of the orange ( or 1/2 the juice) heat and serve with the cake.
Linda C

o

I would like to see more ideas like this so I'm bumping it to the top.

o

Ok, it's a few years later, but the season is right to revisit this question. Anyone have any ideas for make at home alcholic gifts?

Recipes?

What's your favorite Sangria recipe??

o

I have several recipes....but all call for a couple of weeks in a dark closet.
Home made Kaluah, a "Bailey's like" cream drink, several fruit cordials.....and I think I saved that recipe for home made limoncello.
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here