Return to the Beverages Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tea problems

Posted by
magan
(magan@canada.com) on
Mon, Oct 15, 01 at 23:36

I have problem with making tea as far as I remember. When I make in in tea pot, I will see a "map" of something glistening on top of the tea.

We drink our tea from English bone china cups and after finishing, there is dark residu "map" left in our tea cups.

Does anybody have this problem, can you explain what it is and how to avoid this problem?? Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tea problems

Most likely, it is minerals in your drinking water combining with the tannic acid in the tea. It won't hurt anything but you could try making your tea with various brands of bottled water until you find one that doesn't leave any scum.

o

That is normal.....it's just "tea powder"....the fine stuff that the strainer or bag doesn't catch. All tea has that.....that's why traditional English Tea pots are dark brown.
Linda C

o

A Brita or similar water filter will help prevent the stained cups.

Quality whole tea leaf style loose tea, instead of carpet sweepings they put in tea bags, will give a better tasting brew.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here