Return to the Beverages Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Margarita Mix

Posted by
Lee Anne
(Hayesdenn@aol.com) on
Fri, Oct 6, 00 at 20:34

I lost my recipe for a 1 gallon batch of margarita mix.
Help ! Does anyone have one? You mix all ingredients,
keep in the freezer and it stays slushy - doesn't freeze
because of the alcohol in it. I think it has tequila,
triple sec, and lime aid juice concentrate. Can't remember
the quantities.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Margarita Mix

Three cans frozen concentrate limeade, 1 fifth Tequila, 1/8 C triple sec, 1 C sugar. Put in a 1 gal tupperware bowl. fill to top with water and stir until all ingredients are mixed. Put in freezer for 24 - 36 hours. They'll be slushy & yummy

o

Something wrong here! Mixed up and whole batch froze
solid. Oops

Any ideas?

o

Buy the stuff that comes in a big bucket, I think its called On The Border. Its about $7, you add a 5th of tequila, freeze, then just scoop it out with a big spoon. Yummy!

o

Try this Margarita Slush:

12 oz. frozen lemonade
16 oz. frozen strawberries
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup margarita mix (purchased from store)
1/2 cup tequila

Blend all the ingred. well. Freeze for 24 hours - stirring every few hours. To drink: Mix frozen mixture in a glass with Fresca.

*I'm usually NOT a strawberry drink person but I LOVE this.
My family triples the recipe for a party.

o

Still looking......

o

LeeAnne, did you ever find the margarita slush? If so could you please send it to me or post it please.

o

I'm still searching for this recipe! Would love to "solve
the puzzle" by summer. anyone??

o

Still looking for recipe for the gallon batch. Did LeeAnne ever find hers?

o

I vote for the On The Border mix also, we just got back from a week and the beach and kept a bucket in the freezer for our nightly sunset margarita.

To make a better margarita, use a 750ml bottle of your favorite premium tequila and a 375ml bottle of Grand Marnier or Cointreau.

This is good stuff, and it doesn't get any easier.

o

OK, I saw this post and quick called my mom, who ALWAYS has margaritas in the freezer:) She loves that the weather has gotten to be just the right temp here in California for her favorite drink:)

This is what she told me:
1 can frozen limeade
1/2 can (the empty limeade can) of tequila
triple sec
Grand Marnier
ice

She couldn't remember the exact amounts of the triple sec and Grand marnier to add, I don't think she used a definate amount, but she said it was just a small amount.

Hope this one works for you gals...:)

o

Still looking...... The recipe I had made a full gallon
of margarita mix. All you had to do was pour frozen/slushy
mix into blender.

o

Well, that stuff is frozen and slushy, and I would imagine to make a gallon, you just up the quantities. Not like we are baking a cake here and it would get ruined by changing the recipe...

o

This is what I use:
4 12oz. frozen limeade
3qts. water
3 c. Triple Sec
3 c. Tequila
2 (2liter) Sprite, lemon lime, or 7up
Just mix it all together and put it in a gallon sized icecream bucket or whatever you have and put in the freezer.
Even if you take it out 3 weeks later, and it is frozen solid, you can still let it sit for a while and just loosen it up with a spoon or sharp utensil. It is really good.
I also have recipes for Amaretta Slush, Pina Colada Slush,
Vodka Slush, and Whiskey Sour Slush if anyone is interested. They are great tasting and you always have something good on hand when company comes in.
Lulie from Louisiana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here