Return to the Beverages Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Limoncello

Posted by Sunny66 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 14, 02 at 17:41

Does anyone know where I can purchase a bottle of this online? I need it shipped to the US. All of the sites I have found only ship to Europe, and I have yet to find it in a liquor store. I guess there is no demand for it here. I've seen recipes that call for seeping lemon pulp in vodka, but I'd rather have a bottle of the real thing. Thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Limoncello

usually on-line retailers have restrictions as to what states they can ship to.

here's one but not sure you could use them. . .

good luck!

-marie

Here is a link that might be useful: limoncello at www.bevmo.com

o

Thanks Marie! That is exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately, they only ship liquor to California so I am not able to order. I have ordered liquor from other countries with no problems, but maybe there are more restrictions when shipping state to state, who knows. Well, I'll keep looking!

o

how about this one? they have one listed under "liquers". Pallini is the brand.

-marie

Here is a link that might be useful: liquor on-line

o

Thanks again for your help. It looks as though they will ship to Washington, so I think it will work! I am going to try to order some today.

o

They sell Limoncello at Trader Joe's herre in California. Perhaps they will ship to you.....

o

I like lemoncello, but am too cheap to pay those prices. Does anyone have a link for a good recipe?

o

They sell Limoncella in the state (liquor) stores here in PA. They ship natiowide so I believe.

o

It's in the liquor stores here as well. Maybe you should try some additional stores.

It's hard to find an authentic recipe, because most limons in this country are bought up to make Sprite, but here is a recipe that uses lemons. Note it takes 80-90 days to prepare.

Here is a link that might be useful: Limoncello recipe

o

hmmmm I buy it in my liquor store. I did so in MI, and I've done so in CT. And M&D have bought it in OH, and FL. If your liquor store doesn't carry it, I bet they can get it for you.

o

I have bought some very good bottles of limoncello on this italian web site WWW.SORRENTOMALL.COM

they ship also to USA !

Here is a link that might be useful: www.sorrentomall.com

o

Spewey - Um, there's no such thing as a "limon". It is Italian for lemon and is pronounced lee-moan. Sprite uses lime and lemon juice and made up "limon" ("lie-man") to describe the taste.

Real limoncello uses lemons from Capri, but lisbon lemons work too. Use a peeler to get the zest off the lemons. Put zest in vodka for 2-3 months, strain out and add sugar syrup. I've made gallons and gallons of this stuff. You can even make it sugar free with liquid Splenda.

o

http://www.isavo.org/food/a/alcbev.htm

they are all there and fun to make! I usually make all the lemon based at one time and when lemons are on sale.
Nantinki

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here