Return to the Beverages Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Krups Il Primo question

Posted by
anna11
(annalou11@hotmail.com) on
Sat, Oct 13, 01 at 17:28

I have been given a Krups Il Primo Cappicino Machine, but no directions. Was wondering about the settings. I have a steamy cup, then a O, then the froth setting. Does the ""O" setting do anything. No lights are on at that setting. Will steam build if I leave it there or is that off?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Krups Il Primo question

Hi,
'O' is on/off. You have probably metal lid on the top on which you will put your coffee cups to warm up. It does not work very well, try it. Use only espresso fine ground coffee for your machine. Fill your water container with good cold water (you don't have to measure that as you will probably want seconds. I have two coffee screw on parts. One is for one and other is for two (or double) expresso. Buy (MEASURE SPACE FIRST)(or find at home) a small container which will fit under your spout(s) coffee will be coming out from. I find warmed up metal containers are the best. Before you turn on "steaming cup" do your foam/whip with skim (or 1 or 2% milk) only. It doesn't work well with homo milk. If foam container didn't come with your machine, you can buy metal pitcher for that. It needs to be metal and size has to fit so steam prong can be in the milk making it hot and foamy. For that turn "froth setting" on. You don't have to worry about steam building up if you don't froth. Steam is "shared" with coffee part.

You have to work fast with it as coffee is getting cold. I find that it works the best for just two people. You can do 1/2 and 1/2 (milk/coffee) milk always hot. You can do just espresso (black) or with froth. We love it and it is a treat. If you don't enjoy it, send it my way as I can use second one.
Good luck with your new toy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here