Return to the Beverages Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How mmuch is alchol where youlive or even a case of pop?

Posted by
Hannah
(bolen@cableregina.com) on
Mon, Oct 23, 00 at 16:05

Here in Saskatchewan it cost almost $9.00 for a six pack of warm beer. But they do have those barrels full of water so you can shill your wine before you go home. So i must say I drop a 6 pack in there walk around the liquor store for 5 minutes and they are cold. Otherwise you go to the cold beer store and you are looking at at least $11.50. Remember this is only for 6 beer. The city where I live we don't have stores to buy liquor it has to be a liquor store or a package pick-up. For pop. Well we have no name and the brand name. For 12 pop brand name your looking at almost 6.00 and for no -name $4.00. It's pretty pricy that's why I'm thinking of making my own beer this winter. How about you? Prices higher or lower? From Saskatchewan by Saskatoon.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How mmuch is alchol where youlive or even a case of pop?

Is that Canadian dollars?

Here, in New York state, a 12-er of domestic beer can be had for $7.99, plus tax & deposit. Cases of 24 are sometimes on special for $11.99. I'm speaking of Budweiser, Miller, Labatts, and Coors. All prices in USD. Don't forget about the exchange rate.

Every Friday I purchase a "growler" of draft beer at my local brewery for $5. That's 64 oz of hand-crafted tastiness. What a bargain.

At sports bars & nightclubs, beers range from $1.50 to $4. There's almost always a special and it's almost guaranteed to be Coors or Labatts.

Sorry you're having beer troubles. My recommendation would be to go where the atmosphere is minimal. Normally, you'll find that the patrons are nicer, and the beer is cheaper and colder.

o

Sodas here run about (USD) $3 for name brand and $2 for off brand.

Alcohol, about the same as the guy above.

Heather

o

In Michigan (about 40 miles from Ontario) Namr brand pop is (sale) $3 or $4, no name is $1.79 + deposit. Don't drink beer so couldn't really tell ya on that. This is in US $ also.

o

In winnipeg, it's about $8.00 for a six pack of cold beer. For name brand pop 12=$2@7.00 or for no-name $2.99 for a 12 pack!!!

o

Here in vermont for a good local brew, we pay around 8.00 for a six pack of bottles. Considering the canadian exchange rate, your price doesn't sound to bad (your beer also has a higher alcohol content). Of course, for that same eight dollars I could probably buy a case of budwiser cans, I'm not really sure, though, it's been a while since I priced out that stuff. Soda is around 3.00 for a 12 pack of cans.

o

Maryland- Pepsi and Coke- 12 pack- $4.00

o

In Ontario, a case of 24 cans of pepsi or coke sells for $6.49 on sale with a regular price of $7.49. If you drink the no-name or store brand, it's $4.99. For a case of 24 glass bottles of beer, you are budgetting about $36.70. Liquor on the other hand is mostly what I'd be drinking. A 26 oz bottle of rye is about $19.

o

Ah how I dread going to the LCBO and Brewers when Im home in Ontario!!!
We 'cheap Candadians' buy Pig coke- that is Piggly Wiggly at .99 for 6.( only in the south) Right now a 2 li is .69 so that' s bargain.
12 Miller are 6'99 most of the time.

o

Rebecca,
I'm In New Hampshire, but on the border of Vermont; Brattleboro to be exact. The beer here is about $5.00-$6.00 for an average brand. If you're close to the border, come here!

o

Drink only Pepsi - 24 pack - which is now called a cube runs $4.99 on sale / off is $5.99 so I stock up on about 4 -5 cubes at a time. I can only find it at this price at the big discount grocery store which is about 45 minutes away when I do my major shopping for the month - 6 weeks at a time. Locally it's about $2.00 more.

o

Here in boston - Sam Adams (my preferred beer) is $7-8 for a six pack, 13-15 for a 12... Soda for like.. coke is $4 a 12 pack (but you can usually find it somewhere on sale for 2.50)

o

Wow, most of you guys have expensive stuff. In central Illinois we can get a case of Miller Genuine Draft for $10.69 a case. Bud is a little more expensive at around $12 or $13. Lots of sales on Coke/Pepsi for $4.99 a case.

o

Florida-on sale Pepsi 12 pak $2.39, next week will be Coke they switch back & forth

o

ya'll need to move to mississippi, coke is 2.99 for 12. on sale 1.99. 2l are .66. pepsi is even cheaper. not sure about the beer, but all of the above posts seem high.

o

Seattle--6 pack of microbrews is $6-$7. I've been buying our local cheap beer (Rainier) for around $6 for a 12-pack of bottles. It tastes really good with some fresh lemon juice in it, plus it's so cheap. Bud, Miller, etc seems really expensive here so I never buy it. I'm not sure about soda since I don't drink it.

o
RE: How much is alcohol where you live?

In Missouri, the home of Budweiser, 12 packs of Bud run $8. But I buy good local brew (Boulevard) @ $6 for a 6 pack, life is too short to drink bad beer. Pepsi and coke rotate going on sale for $2.50 for 12. Wine...Washington State Columbia Crest Grand Estates Cab-$10, Bogle old vines Zinfandel $9, Rancho Zabaco Zin, $9. Columbia Crest Grand Estate Chard-$9, Bonny Doon Pacific Rim Riesling $9.

o

In NE Iowa, the state below Minnesota, most people drink Busch Light ehich cost $12.59/30 pk.(plus deposit & 6% sales tax) The cheapest is LaCrosse Lager at $8.99/ 30 pk., which is only at one grocery store. cheapest 1.75 liter bottle of whiskey is $12. Good stuff (Seagram's 7 Crown) is $22. you forgot to mention that all you get is bottles in Canada. Is that price w/w.o. deposit?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here