Return to the Beverages Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ISO Wine Help - What's Still Good & What Should be Chucked?

Posted by goldgirl (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 24, 05 at 14:24

Hi Everyone - we're moving in a couple of weeks and packing up bottles and bottles of wine that we can't drink fast enough ;)

Are there general rules of thumb regarding what wines are okay to keep for years and what needs to be drunk immediately or within a couple of years? We receive so much wine as gifts and lose track of age.

I'm assuming our reds would be okay, but we have bottles of various whites and merlots that I'm not sure are still good.

Help?!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ISO Wine Help - What's Still Good & What Should be Chucked?

Some whites keep well....most do not.
I would invite friends to help you pack and have a cooler full of white wines. Open it taste it....toss it or drink it.
Most of the reds should be fine....but not necessarily.
I trust they have been stored on their sides in a cool place?
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here