o
Your Favorite Smoothie Recipe

Posted by cathyhudd2 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 11, 07 at 11:23

How about some smoothie recipes.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Your Favorite Smoothie Recipe

Ripe strawberries (10 or so? Depending on size)
One small ripe peach
6-8 oz. plain yogurt
Honey to taste

I cut up the fruit, pop everything in the blender and mix it up. If the proportions need tweaking for your personal taste you can always add a few strawberries or another spoon of yogurt & blend some more. I don't have a very powerful blender so it doesn't chop ice very well - I just put a couple ice cubes in the finished drink if it needs cooling.

Lots of other fruits are good in this basic recipe but I like strawberry-peach best. On hot hot summer days this is often all I want for dinner! (I am dreaming of those hot hot summer days now!)

Another one that's not quite so healthy is coconut milk blended with fresh-squeezed lime juice. The coconut milk has lots of fat. But it is sooo yummy!

Or you can cut up some seedless watermelon, put it in the blender & mix with fresh-squeezed lime juice. Easy, cool and delish!

o

for the kids
lightly sweetened fresh peaches, ice, touch of marachino cherry juice from the jar, milk or yogurt. Or you can slice the peaches, sugar them, then freeze them and use the frozen peaches and no ice.

for me
the frozen peaches, ice and a splash of kirsch

diggerb

o

I freeze bananas. They make the smoothie very creamy. I like peanut butter banana smoothies!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here