Return to the Beverages Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Favorite low to mid price range beer?

Posted by Erik_z7b_AL (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 13, 02 at 1:31

What is your your favorite cheap or regular price beer?I'm talking about anything from the cheapest stuff they make up to about 6 bucks a six pack.I like alot of the higher priced stuff,but rarely buy it anymore.For my cheap beer,I like pabst blue ribbon better than the other cheap brands,and I like original coors for my regular priced beer,but most of them will do,they all taste almost the same anyway.I've tried most of high priced imports(at least the ones I can find around here),and I like most of them.I think if I could afford any beer I wanted,I'd drink alot of guinness,and beck's and warsteiner.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Favorite low to mid price range beer?

My favorite cheap beer is Rainier or Henry Weinhardts. These may be local to the northwest, I'm not sure. I can usually get a case of Rainier for 7 bucks. Bars here serve mainly expensive microbrews, but some have Henry's and it is always a lot cheaper than the micros. As for mid-priced beers, I like Coors Light, Bud, and High Life. As long as it tastes watered-down I like it. I can't drink thick, bitter beers.

o

Busch Light and Yuengling Lager, occasionally Coors Light; will probably try the new Michelob Ultra

o

Another vote for Yuengling Lager. I also like LaBatts Blue, Molson Golden and Moosehead.

Alexa

o

The cheapest I'll go is MGD or Miller Lite, more often I'll pick up a 12 of Rolling Rock. Mid-range, Shiner Blonde or Bock ($10/12 pack) is my "everyday" choice. I watch for St Pauli Girl on sale, or Hornsby's Hard Cider, and as a treat, something from the Celis brewery.

o

Rainer is good cheap beer.

o

Busch Light isn't too bad for $10 for 18 pack!

o

MGD or Coors. Never understood the point of any light beer.

o

National Bohemian(natty boh), a Baltimore brewed pale ale. Usually would run you about $5-6 a 12pk of cans.

o

cheap - Rolling Rock, nothing like an ice cold one on an extremely hot day. A bit more - Stella Artois - expensive -Chimay for fall or heavier meals and Hoegarden for lighter meals.

I am not a beer drinker, but the ones listed above would be what I would drink if I felt like a beer with a meal.

o

Depends upon your taste. I find American and Asian commercial beers to be at best tasteless fixes for thirst. Water is usually a better choice. I can't find any microbrews for less than about $7 for a 6-pack. But generally I make it myself for about $3 and it is better than anything I can buy - if I do say so myself...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here