Return to the Beverages Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Iced cappucino at home??

Posted by
Amy
(amya_7@hotmail.com) on
Sat, Sep 8, 01 at 22:41

I have these General Foods International coffes packets to make cappucino in a glass of milk. You can add ice. I had an iced cappucino from Tim Horton's and paid $2.59 or something like that. I was thinking about putting a packet in the blender with crushed ice to see what kind of drink I would get. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks, Amy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Iced cappucino at home??

I add my left over dark roast coffee to the blender with a litle cocoa and whipping cream and some ice. It makes a wonderful iced coffee. Leave out the ice if you just want a coffee drink and add it if yu want when it is in the glass. The drink keeps well in the blender in the fridge and I just give it a whirl when I want a glass.

o

I hope someone has Marlen's cappucino mix recipe. Unable to connect to her link.

o

I tried some Int'l Coffee mix, mixed as directed, and then put into the blender w/ice. Awful. It had no substance, and was very, very weak. IF I should do that again, I would definitely add more milk and much more of the powdered mix. (That could get awfully expensive, though.)

o

Here's a tip for iced coffee or iced cappuccino...
Use up left-over coffee (make sure its at room temperature or cooler) & make coffee ice cubes which keeps those iced drinks from tasting like water.

o

One of the best, I think, is use dark brewed coffee and sweetened condensed milk with crushed ice.

o

Here's a good one - I've been saving the coffee that's left in the coffeemaker in the morning in a pitcher in the fridge to make these in the afternoon :-) They would be even better with ice cubes made from leftover coffee...

* Exported from MasterCook *

Starbuck's Frozen Frappuccino

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/2 cups cold coffee
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon chocolate syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups crushed ice or ice cubes

1. Combine the coffee, milk, sugar, chocolate syrup and salt in a blender and mix on medium speed for 15 seconds to dissolve sugar.
2. Add the vanilla extract and ice then blend on high speed until smooth and creamy. Stir with a spoon if necessary to help blend.
3. Pour drink into two 16-ounce glasses.
Makes 2 large drinks.

Caramel
For this version, add 2 tablespoons of caramel syrup to the recipe above and prepare as described. Top each glass with whipped cream and drizzled caramel.

Source:
"www.topsecretrecipes.com"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here