Return to the Beverages Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
coffee good or bad?

Posted by Adams07 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 21, 11 at 13:41

There seems to be a lot of confusion surrounding coffee. It tastes great, gets you ready for the morning... but is it good or bad for you?
This confusion seems to have stemmed from two different studies that came out (roughly) around the same time. One study cited that there was no risk of heart disease among coffee drinkers, no matter how much coffee you drank. This could be one cup a week to several pots a day.
The other study stated that two or more cups of coffee a day increased your chances of developing heart disease.
i am looking for some expert's opinion.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: coffee good or bad?

I love coffee in the morning and usually have two cups. It has health benefits as well.

5 health reasons to not quit coffee
By The Editors of EatingWell Magazine
Mar 3, 2011

By Kerri-Ann Jennings, M.S., R.D., Associate Nutrition Editor at EatingWell Magazine

1. It protects your heart

2. It diverts diabetes

3. Your liver loves it

4. It boosts your brain power

5. It helps your headaches

A link that might be useful:

shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/5-health-reasons-to-not-quit-coffee-2460820.html

o

Large amounts of coffee on a weekly basis isn't GREAT for you, but it's not going to hurt you. Depends on what you put in it as well. I have never once heard that it is linked to heart disease. They probably figured that from the people who put loads of sugar and other crud into their cups everyday. Or people who regularly go to Starbucks and get those sugary lattes.

o

Hot Coffee is better but not the cold coffee.As cold coffee could be taken occasionally and we could have some problems if we have large quantity of cold coffee.

o

Coffee isn’t just warm and energizing, it may also be extremely good for you. Here are 5 reasons why coffee may actually be one of the healthiest beverages on the planet.
1. Coffee Can Make You Smarter.
2. Coffee Can Help You Burn Fat and Improves Physical Performance.
3. Coffee May Drastically Lower Your Risk of Type II Diabetes.
4. Coffee May Lower Your Risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
5. Coffee May be Extremely Good For Your Liver.

o

A cup of coffee in the morning may pack more than just an energy boost. It can help lower your risk of developing Type 2 diabetes. It could help you recover after colon surgery.It may help to reduce your risk of oral cancer. these are jusat some of the few i know

o

How exactly does coffee make you smarter?

o

Well, coffee is good in our body because of its antioxidants. It is only bad if you drink it more than 3 times a day.

o

I love a good cup of coffee and will say that it is good for you. Of course too much of something is a bad thing but a cup or two a day is fine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here