Here is the receipe I have for a lemon drop:

Glass: Cocktail - Chilled
Sugar Rim

In Mixing Glass With Ice Add:
2 oz Vodka
1 oz Triple Sec

Shake & Strain into chilled cocktail glass
Garnish: Lemon Twist

I have seen bartenders make them several different ways though, many make it as a shooter.

Another variation I was taught:
Shot glass of Absolut Citron vodka (chilled)
Sugar
Lemon

Drink this one like the old Tequila shots. Lick your hand between the thumb and forefinger, sprinkle it with the suger. Lick the suger off your hand, slam the shot of vodka back and bite the lemon. Wow....

o
RE: lemon drop

thank you! sounds delicious!

o
RE: lemon drop

My wifes favorite (when you can get her at just the right moment) as described above .... Sugar,then Vodka, and a lemon wedge,. Funny as all get out... The remainder of the recipe is as follows:
Repeat for desired effect
Place into bed
Wake next morning
Administer Aspirin
LEAVE ALONE !!!!!
DO NOT REPEAT (Except the previous step until done)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here