Return to the Beverages Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Adult Ice cream drinks

Posted by
JO - Ca
(justmeinsd@hotmail.com) on
Sat, Sep 30, 00 at 9:42

Once, a long time ago, I accidently came across a wondersful web site on hundreds of adult ice cream drinks. Now, when we want to use them at a party, I can't find it. Do any of you know the site or have great recipes of your own?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Adult Ice cream drinks

You'll find several at the site below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Drinks

o

I found another site that had a link to a lot of ice cream drinks but the link didn't work. Here are a few more at the site below. I also had these in some of my cookbooks:
CREME DE MENTHE
1/2 gal. vanilla ice cream
2 oz creme de menthe
1 oz white creme de cacao
1 oz triple sec

Put all ingredients in blender & blend. Serve in stemmed glasses.

BRANDY ALEXANDER
3 oz brandy
3 oz Creme de Cacao
Blender of vanilla ice cream (about 1/2 gallon)

Mix above in blender. Serves 6.

PEPPERMINT TWIST PUNCH
3 qts peppermint ice crema
1 fifth & 1 pin vodka
Thirteen 28 oz bottles 7-UP

Soften ice cream. Combine ice cream w/vodka in 4 gallon punch bowl. Slowly add chilled 7-UP. Stir to blend. Makes 140 punch cups.

RUM BANANA COOLER
3 jiggers creme de banana
3 jiggers light rum
3 cups vanilla ice cream
1 cup milk
1 cup ice cubes
2 whole bananas
Sprinkle of nutmeg, optional

Place all ingredients in blender. Mix until bananas & ice cubes are well blended. Serve in tall glasses. Serves 6.

HOT BUTTERED RUM (Part made ahead)
Rum
1 qt or more vanilla ice cream
One 16 oz pkg light brown sugar
2 cups butter
Cinnamon sticks
Water

Soften & whip butter w/sugar; soften & whip ice cream & combine & whip 2 mixtures together. Return to freezer in freezing container. To serve, heat water to boiling. In a mug put 1 TBL of butter-ice cream mixture, 1 jigger of rum & fill mug with hot water. Use cinnamon sticks as swizzle sticks.

DESSERT DRINK
2 cups vanilla ice cream
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup cognac
1/2 cup creme de cacao

Place all in blender & blend. Serves 4.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ice cream drinks

o

I quit drinking years ago but I remember a great one.
1 1/2 oz gin, dollop of ice cream and 4 (ish) oz. orange crush (is it still around?). Stir and enjoy. It's like an adult ice cream float and (thinking out loud) this just may work with root beer, etc.

o

Well, this site is kind of old, but just came across it. Ginger, your Brandy Alexander and Grasshopper are the same exact recipes that the ExDH and I always used. There's another one we loved also, especially on hot, humid evenings:

PINK SQUIRRELS
3 oz. Creme de Cacao
3 oz. Creme de Almond
Blender of vanilla ice-cream, (not ice-milk)
Blend all ingredients together and enjoy! Tastes like a strawberry milkshake!

o

I get a really wonderful drink at the TGI Fridays restaurant, called "strawberry shortcake." It is the best drink ever! I forget how they make it exactly, but I think it's van. ice cream, strawberries and maybe rum and amaretto--tastes just like the name. They put a glob of whipped cream on the top too. Man I wish I had one right now! Maybe you could do a search for TGIF drink recipes.

o

I found a great coffee/ice cream recipe at a Web site for a small coffee company. It is listed under the 'Coffee Recipes' page. It was delicious!

Here is a link that might be useful: Coffee Ice Cream Drink

o

I don't know if it's still being made, but Hiram Walker used to make a liqueur named "Chocolate Cherry Cordial". It was absolutely wonderful mixed w/vanilla ice cream and put into the blender. To die for! (I also like to add just about any liqueur to ice cream, blend it, and sit back and enjoy!)

o

I can't think of any at the moment, but you sure are making me thirsty!

o

TGIF drink mixers are sold in most liquor stores here on Long Island. They have Strawberry shortcake (delish) and mud slides (also delish). it has alchohol already in it, you just need to add ice and blend away!

Sue

o

Oh, Friday's also has we call a Creamcicle (sp?) too, orange and vanilla (yum).

Sue

o

Scotch with vanilla or chocolate ice cream. Put in a blender with just a touch of milk. Make it with Drambuie if you have a sweet tooth. Don't use single malt scotch unless you want to show off the bottle *grin* as cheaper blended scotch will make a fine ice cream drink.

I've had the bartender throw a Hot Fudge Sundie in the blender with a couple shots of scotch... very very good.

Sometimes I'll throw in a ripe banana if I have one. Great way to use up bananas that have gone dark and squishy.

*hic*

michael

o

We make a version of a Velvet Hammer by placing vanilla ice cream (or frozen yogurt) in a blender, a splash of milk to make it a little more liquid, a small splash of vanilla extract, along with Kahlua, Amaretto, Frangelica, and Bailey's Irish Creme (it probably comes to about 1-2 tablespoons each - but experiment - some people like it a little stronger than others), then blend. It's wonderful!

Lori

o

Anyone remember a bar called Sam Houston's????

o

This site has more adult ice cream drinks than you'll ever need in your lifetime...

http://www.thevirtualbar.com/Ingredients/IceCream.html

Here is a link that might be useful: alcoholic ice cream drinks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here