Return to the Beverages Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ice wine, anyone try it? Like it?

Posted by kframe19 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 14, 02 at 13:26

Recently was turned on to Canadian Ice Wines, wine made when the grapes are partially frozen on the vine.

I'm not much of a wine drinker, but this stuff blew me away.

Luckily, I have friends who travel regularly to Canada, and are able to bring me a nice supply. Otherwise, here in the States, it's WAY too expensive (as much as $60 to $100 for a half-bottle for some of the better stuff!)

Just trying to find out if anyone else likes it...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ice wine, anyone try it? Like it?

Liquid Gold in a Bottle.

Doesn't get much better than a well structured Ice Wine.

If I am serving an ice wine, I serve it before dessert rather than with. They can be appreciated much better on their own.

Ann.

o

Yep.....wonderful stuff!
Linda C

o

Yep, first tried it in Germany. Eiswein I believe it was called. Concentrated sunlight and fruit.

o

I've heard od Ice beer, which is beer they freeze and skim off the ice (which is just water as alcohol doesn't freeze) and it makes a stronger more concentrated beer. Something called Apple Jack was made by freezing hard cider too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here