Return to the Beverages Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Martini party

Posted by AnnahE (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 28, 04 at 12:45

It is my hubby's birthday next weekend and I am having a martini party for him. There will be about 12 people coming and since most of them don't drink martinis, we are making up cards with recipes on them for "fun" martinis. We will do choc. raspberry ones, tropical sunset, etc.
I need ideas for decorations and snacks. Also, would it be "cheap" to have the plastic glasses or do I have to spring for the glass ones? I just don't know where I would store 12 glass martini glasses.
Any help would be most appreciated! TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Martini party

Buy 12 cheap but glass martini glasses.....and tie a ribbon with a name tag on each one and call them favors for your guests if you don't want to store them.
Be sure to have the proper "olives" for your fancy 'tinis...like whole raspberries on a tooth pick and a twist of lemon rind and orange rind...If you are making apple-tinis have wedges of granny smith apples, coffee beans are good in chocolate 'tinis as are hazlenuts.
Snacks....apple wedges with brie, jalapeno jelly over cream cheese. If you want recipes for hors d'ouvres, run over to the recipe exchange and post a request there.
Linda C

o

Linda,
Thank you so much for these suggestions!!! I am going to use every one! :-)

o

AnnahE,
A couple of years ago, as an auction item at my son's school, we hosted a Martini Party. It was such fun! We had a menu of 15 martini's. Most martinis can be made with the same ingrediants. We named the martini's after the people that hosted the party. Make a run to your local bookstore and get a martini book. There are many ideas for you to choose from.
For decorations we had the huge glass martini shaped glasses filled with floating flowers or candles. For the cocktail napkins, paper napkins with an olive on them, found at a closeout party supply store.
I would opt for the martini glasses in glass. My experience with the plastic ones are that the bottom falls off and then your guest can't put their glass down because of instability.
Food-Finger foods and sandwiches.
For some reason figs,fruit and cheese went over very well. Stuffed bread bowls with dip.

o

At one party I went to....they had a Martini bar...and a mashed potato bar. Mashed potatoes with different toppings served in martini glasses....It was at a hotel...so the number of glasses needed wasn't a problem!
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here