Return to the Beverages Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dr Pepper Red Fusion

Posted by whazzup (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 14, 02 at 11:31

Has anyone tried this new soda? Looks interesting.. but still not in all stores around here yet.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dr Pepper Red Fusion

Okay, found it in stores finally. Tastes kind of strawberry-ish to me. Anybody else?

o

I tried it today. Didn't like it at all. Didn't finish the bottle.

o

Didn't even know there was such thing. I'll have to look for it in the store. I love Dr. Pepper but if it tastes strawberry-ish I don't think I'll like it.

o

Tried a bottle yesterday. It was ok, nothing special. I love Dr. Pepper, but this isn't worth buying again. I figured as much, which is why I bought only a single bottle to try for the first time.

o

I thought it was sort of cherry/cream soda tasting. Reminded me of a Shirley Temple with odd ingredients.

Alexa

o

Tried it. Thought it tasted like a watered down Dr. Pepper. Did anyone notice that it seemed to have less carbonation then Dr. Pepper?

o

Yes, I noticed that it seemed a little more flat. It seems that they are marketing it to the teenager and young adult market. Maybe taste tests have shown they prefer something with less carbonation? I know that companies usually don't launch a new product without plenty of field testing. (Okay, "new Coke" might be the exception) :)

o

Dr. Pepper is my all time favorite drink, so I was curious about the Red Fusion. It's disgusting. Gagging. Never again.

o

Don't like it by itself, but I mixed it with Dr. Pepper and really liked the flavor combo....kind of like cherry DP.

o

I tried it and I really liked it.I also like Dr. Pepper and the Red Fusion tastes somewhat like the original Dr. Pepper just with some added flavors like cherry or something.

o

I tried it, though its best application would be as a base for mixing with something flammable before consuming. Its right up there with "New Coke" as far as being a winning new product.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here