Return to the Beverages Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Home Brew

Posted by beejb4 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 16, 02 at 8:51

Does anyone Brew their own? I'm interested in having someone to email for help. Are their message boards better than this one. From Joe, working on his 4th batch, and maker of some interesting wines. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Home Brew

HI joe, I am just getting into beer making. what kind of equipment do you have? What flavor beer is your preference? I just ordered Hops seeds to plant in the fall - I am going to try to do it all. Every time someone comes out with a beer I like, it gets discontinued! Long-Tyme Watney's Drinker!!

o

I homebrew occasionally, always ales. It blows any domestic beer away.

o

I've made home-made wine for years. All I do is buy some grape or apple juice from the grocery store, put it in a 2-liter pop bottle, (which is made to hold pressure), make sure the cap isn't tight, and then put in 1/2 teaspoon of yeast. Bread yeast works fine, although it doesn't give as firm of sediment as wine yeast. Ferments for 1 month, then test sugar content with hydometer (should be no or little sugar) then chill and drink. Better with age, usually about 10% alcohol.

o

We have been making wine for about 3 years now and still learning. Right now we have blackberry going, cherry going and just started more blackberry tonight.We have made raisen and banana & grape too.
Myself I would rather have made a pie LOL.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here