Return to the Beverages Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vanilla Coke

Posted by meonlyme (My Page) on
Sat, May 25, 02 at 1:21

Has anyone tried it yet? If so what do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vanilla Coke

I don't like it at all. I reminds me of cream soda which I don't like either.
Katharina

o

I've tried it and I love it!
It reminds me of cream soda too, but I liked cream soda. The cream soda was a little too sweet for me, but the Vanilla Coke is perfect. Not too sweet. Or at least I don't think it is.
It's only a special treat for me though. I usually just drink water.

o

I tried it recently. I will pass on it and stay with classic coke. Yes, kind of tasted like cream soda, which I don't like.

o

tried it, like it, but I'm not much of a soda drinker

I like cream soda too =)

o

I love it! This is stange because I do not like pop (soda, if you are american), I especially don't like cola, but I like this stuff!

o

We like it a lot. We all like cream soda and agree it is like a less sweet and maybe stronger vanilla flavor than cream soda.

o

It's like fermented p....... ugh

o

i would try this if it came in diet

o

It's awesome! It has the perfect amount of vanilla in it--reminds me of cream soda.

o

I like the vavilla coke and im not too much of a soda drinker. I do not care for the coke but the vanilla coke
i would buy it over the coke.

o

Diet is coming soon.

I kind of like it, and appreciate that they use natural vanilla flavoring. I wouldn't drink it all the time, but a nice change of pace. I'm sure it would be killer with a scoop of vanilla ice cream in it...

o

Even better than the original-and that's quite an accomplishment!

o

I hated it!! (I also don't like cream soda but I thought the Vanilla Coke tasted much worse.) Blech!!

o

I tried it and didn't care for it.

o

I love cream soda and I also like when I go to a 50's-style restaurant and order a Vanilla coke ... yum.
But ... I don't like the new Vanilla coke. Tastes like fake vanilla to me. And too sweet.

o

Yuck! I'm a Classic Coke addict, but I tried it..... I predict it will not be on the market for very long. That was $1 totally wasted!!! Again - Yuck!

o

littlebit_13; "coke" if you are Southern ;). I tried it, and finally pegged the taste. Ice Cream Float. I don't think I've ever had a cream soft drink. A nice change of pace, but our poison of choice in this household is store brand diet Dr. Pepper. We're cheap :D.

o

Vanilla Coke is gross!!!!

The worst thing to come out of Coca-Cola, even worse than the New Coke. I hope they recall this flavor into the vaults where all the Coke skeletons lie, especially the dumb marketing fools who decided on this crap, along with the New Coke. Tastes like those cheap store brand colas (in fact, those taste better!)

I nearly gagged and barfed half of it up. Lucky I didn't have to pay for this wretched stuff.

I apologize in advance for those who feel offended by my remarks of those who prefer Vanilla Coke

o

Horrible stuff
over in another forum we discussed the terms, pop,coke,soda,sodapop etc and someone posted a survey that was done by some guy in university as to what is the most common usage. Well it turns out "pop" wins out by a slim margin in the US vs the term "soda" when referencing a soft drink, though you'd never think it. It's quite a regional thing, most states bordering the great lakes use the word "pop", the south "coke" , the east and southwest "soda".
Nearly all of Canada says pop

o

I really like the stuff. Of all our friends who've tried it, I haven't had anyone say they didn't like it.

Tracey

o

I used to drink vanilla cokes all the time in high school obtained from the nearby fountain/drug store. Cokes "vanilla" isn't as good, but it comes close. I like it!

o

Spring the buck and make your own opinoin> DUH??? It's not that much of an investment!

o

The diet vanilla coke is here and i like it. My husband don't like it but he likes the diet cherry coke.

o

Hubby and I didn't like it and we both like cream soda. I felt it was a waste of two bucks. Oh well, we had to at least try it.

Dee

o

I've tried it and I would only drink it in an emergency, and even then only very well chilled.

o

Saw a diet version in Target last week. Sugared Vanilla Coke is ok, preferable to regular IMO, but not as good as a fountain store adding vanilla flavor on the spot, like Coke was stingy with the vanilla flavoring.

o

It actually does come in diet. I've seen it on the shelves. Regular is better though.

I think I like Cherry Coke better though.

o

Diet Vanilla Coke is the grossest thing I've ever tried. It's horrible. Far too much vanilla.

The lemon, cherry, and lime flavors are very good.

o

I think the Vanilla Coke is ok. I don't hate it but I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to drink it. I prefer lime to lemon Coke but my favorite would be Cherry Coke.

o

Over 30 years ago,I worked in a restaurant with a soda fountain area. They had every flavor syrup you could imagine,in pump bottles. I tried coke with every flavor, vanilla,cherry,lemon,lime,pineaple,etc, etc. Coca cola with vanilla syrup was delicious. But I have tried sweetened Vanilla coke and it's just not as good. Wish it was.

o

Coke plans to stop producing Vanilla Coke by the end of 2005, they will be introducing Black Cherry Coke.

o

I like vanilla coke, but LOVE cherry coke. I also like other black cherry flavored soda so I will try it when coke launches theirs next year.

o

don't like vanilla coke. just pour a little vanilla flavoring into a regular coke.sample before buying.they ruin it when they start mixing flavors.my opinon.

o

I liked the Diet Vanilla Coke the best of all the Diet Cokes. I'm sorry to see it has been discontinued.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here