Help Me Design A Fresh Lime/Agave Nectar Margarita

Posted by desertdance (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 1, 13 at 19:39

DH is diabetic. He LOVES Margaritas. My usual pitcher is
1 Can Frozen Limeade
1 Can Water
1 Can 100% Agave (not gold) Tequila
1 Bottle Light Beer

Stir and serve over ice in a salted rim glass garnished with a half slice of lime.

So we move to new property with a huge LIME TREE Loaded with limes! My big job is to make a diabetic / calorie counting friendly Pitcher of Margaritas.

I just made a pitcher with the following original recipe

DIABETIC-CALORIE FRIENDLY MARGARITA

8 oz fresh squeezed lime juice (unstrained)
4 oz Agave Nectar
1/4 C. Splenda
12 oz Water
1 bottle light beer
12 oz 100% Agave (not gold) Tequila

Stir and serve over ice in a salted rim glass garnished with a half slice of lime.

At first, this was a little sour to me, but the more I drink it, the better I like it! DH doesn't think I need to change a thing.

Open to suggestions. I think the sour part is the unstrained fruit floaties that give a sour burst or tang, but it's quite nice after a while!

Also, Any Tequila with the word "Gold" in it, is not pure Tequila. It is a Mixto. Made specifically for Americanos who think anything Gold is good. In Tequila, that is opposite! Look for the label Made from 100% Agave!

Suzi

This post was edited by desertdance on Tue, Apr 2, 13 at 10:00

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help Me Design A Fresh Lime/Agave Nectar Margarita

Yum!
Sounds delightful. My favorite summer beverage is a Michelada. Lots a variations but basically ice, salted rim, beer and lots of fresh lime.

Here is a link that might be useful: michelada

o
RE: Help Me Design A Fresh Lime/Agave Nectar Margarita

sleevendog,

That sounds great too! Reminds me of drinking straight shots of 100% agave tequila with a completo chaser!

It's all good! :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here