Return to the Beverages Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
home made liquors - shelf life?

Posted by mbarnes4104 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 6, 04 at 18:03

several years ago I made some liquors (recipe out of Victoria magazine) basically taking pears, ginger, sugar and vodka, put them in sealed jar in a dark cool cabinet for several weeks, strained the mixture into new bottles and that's it. We didn't drink them, although they weren't airtight (corked, but not sealed with wax or anything). Anyway, we are cleaning out our kitchen and they still seem like they're okay (no weird smell, or otherwise troublesome symptoms) but I don't know what the shelf life is on this stuff... they've been stored in a fridge for the past several years.

I guess I should just chuck them out but I never really did use one so its a full bottle. Anyone have any idea as to whether this stuff may still be good?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: home made liquors - shelf life?

I'm sure they are fine....all that alcohol kills anything....
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here