Return to the Beverages Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Eastern local beers

Posted by kelly18 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 10, 02 at 17:21

Will be going to the east coast this weekend, Maryland, Virginia, and Pennsylvania specifically, and am looking for some suggestions of local beers to bring back with me for my beer loving boyfriend. Any kind is good, I just know he will love a variety six pack if I can make it happen.

So tell me what you know!

:)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Eastern local beers

yeungling lager - PA
riverhorse - PA/NJ border (Lambertville, NJ)

and one brewery in Cherry Hill NJ that I can't remember the name of... if I think of it, I will post it.

Good luck!
Alexa

o

Try red feather pale ale in PA; it's brewed near Gettysburg. Also an inexpensive lager is Straub's, also in PA. This would cover the bases, since one is an ale and the other a much lighter lager. Have fun!
Gene

o

Yuengling did a nice tour at their factory in Pottsville or somethinglike it. stay away from lord chesterfield. St Mary's PA has a nice brewery with an endless tap that employees get to enjoy. Latrobe PA had nice shop but no tour.

o

Try this famous local beer from Pittsburgh Iron City Beer

Also try Penn Pilsner

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here