Return to the Beverages Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question about our Rum Pot

Posted by Roberta_z5 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 16, 05 at 15:58

We are starting two "rum pots". One is with brandy and one with light rum. I am starting with strawberries, bluberries and pineapple and will add new things as they come into season.

The question is: Has anyone ever used cranberries in a rum pot? I assume you would have to cook them, but maybe not. I don't want to ruin these by trying them so maybe some of you have used them in some sort of liquer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question about our Rum Pot

Too acid.....stick with the standards.
Linda C

o

I just happened to check out this forum for the first time today and I'm already wondering what is a rum pot. It sounds interesting--especially with the fruit. Please give me the recipe. Thanks.

Geri

o

Update: I never used the cranberries, but have just added raisens to both pots. Both the fruit and the liquid is tasting VERY GOOD. As soon as the wild raspberries come into season, we will go raspberry picking!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beverages Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here